4iiii Innovations Announces Viiiiva – the First Heart Rate Monitor to Enable an Athlete's ANT+TM Devices to 'Talk' to their iOS Device
4iiii Innovations Inc. announced the release of Viiiiva, the first heart rate monitor (HRM) enabling ANT+ devices to 'talk' to an iPhone/iPod touch in real-time without awkward adapters. A lightweight, comfortable chest strap HRM, Viiiiva integrates Liiiink technology, an ANT+ to Bluetooth Smart bridge, allowing an athlete to monitor heart rate on an iPhone as well as a sport watch. Viiiiva also allows the athlete to adjust settings, review activity summaries and to receive performance feedback from their iPhone or iPod at anytime, anywhere.Viiiiva is available now for $79 at www.4iiii.com and at select retailers.
"The Liiiink technology inside Viiiiva turns the iPhone/iPod touch into a cycling computer or running monitor, making performance monitoring smarter, faster and safer," says Alana Baxter, Product Manager at 4iiii Innovations. "As a group of triathletes we need a system that connects all our devices to our iPhone/iPod providing us with on-the-go monitoring, file saving, and performance review. It was through recognizing this need that we came up with the idea of Viiiiva and created our unique Liiiink technology."<
Viiiiva displays heart rate on ANT+ displays (watches and bike computers) and on Bluetooth Smart displays (like iPhone). Liiiink enables Viiiiva to channel output from ANT+ sensors including foot pods, bike speed/cadence sensors, and power meters to Bluetooth Smart format to send to iPhone/iPods. Viiiiva is also the ideal companion for Sportiiiis, 4iiii's Heads-up Audio/Visual Performance Coach that provides runners and cyclists with key performance information without taking their eyes off the road.
Viiiiva HRM features include:
• Works with your Garmin, TIMEX, adidas, and other popular displays.
• Accurate heart rate measurement on your Bluetooth Smart iPhone without awkward adapters.
• Liiiink sends heart rate, cadence*, power*, speed* to most popular iOS fitness apps including Endomondo, MapMyFitness, Runtastic, Runmeter, Strava, Training Peaks and Runkeeper.
• Run and ride unencumbered, leave behind your watch and phone. When combined with Sportiiiis, you get all the information you need including elapsed time, distance, and heart rate.
• Viiiiva stores your workout data in .FIT files.
• Extend iPhone battery life with Tip Tap technology - tap Viiiiva to wake up your display.
• No need to recharge. Viiiiva runs on a coin-cell battery for over a year.
*When applicable ANT+ compatible sensors are connected
To learn more about Viiiiva or Sportiiiis and other accessories visit www.4iiii.com.