Panasonic Unveils 2013 Lineup of Home DECT Phones
Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America today introduced three new DECT 6.0 Plus telephone models for the 2013 lineup of consumer telephones. Designed for ease-of-use, the KX-TG684x , KX-TG787x and KX-TG422x series of models offer an array of new features including enhanced Link2Cell functions, simplified handset and base layouts, noise reduction capabilities, advanced answering machine options and a USB port for charging function.
The new 2013 KX-TG787x series of consumer telephones has added enhanced functions related to Panasonic's popular Link2Cell feature which links up to two cell phones to a Panasonic Cordless Telephone, allowing consumers to make and receive cell calls anywhere in the home using the DECT 6.0 Plus cordless phone handsets. When the cell phone is placed in an area where reception is generally the best, users can exchange clear communication with others throughout the home using the cordless handset. A user can even enjoy long telephone conversations while charging their cell phone with the base unit's new, convenient USB port, eliminating the worry of the cell phone battery running out mid-conversation. The enhanced Link2Cell feature also includes SMS alert, which allows a DECT handset to audibly alert users when they receive SMS text messages on their cell phone. Users can also easily transfer phonebook entries and ringtone settings from their cell phones.
Both the new Panasonic KX-TG787x and KX-TG684x series of models include a new noise reduction function that detects and reduces background noise of the other party, producing crisp, clear voice communication. An advanced answering machine function on both models alerts users in the home with an alarming sound and sends audible messages to a pre-registered cell phone when a new message is being recorded onto the answering machine. Lastly, to ensure long-lasting conversations, both models' cordless handsets feature Panasonic's Power Back Up feature which allows up to three hours of usage even when electricity has been lost.
"As a market leader in cordless telephones, Panasonic focuses on producing innovative telephone systems that provide easy-to-use and convenient features for consumers," said Desirae Dolphin, Product Manager of Communications, Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America. "Our goal is to enhance the home telecommunication experience through efficiency and outstanding connectivity."
A new optional Key Detector accessory, the KX-TGA20, is compatible with both the KX-TG684x and KX-TG787x series of models. The Key Detector simply attaches to frequently misplaced items, such as car keys, and uses the Panasonic DECT cordless handset to find them quickly and easily from up to 656 feet away. With the push of a button, the LCD display on the DECT handset alerts users to how far away the misplaced item is and sets off an alarm sound from both the handset and the key detector. Each phone model is compatible with up to four key detectors which can be registered by names, designating each Key Detector to specific misplaced items.
The new Panasonic KX-TG422x series offers consumers a telephone option with a simplified and clean layout with easy-to-use, large operation buttons on the handset and base, a small footprint base unit and an easy-to-read 1.4 inch LCD backlight display. With the phone's Intelligent Eco Mode, users can also lower the power consumption when using the handset close to the base unit. This new cordless handset conveniently allows consumers to store up to fifty phonebook entries.
Each of the new 2013 Cordless telephone models are expandable up to six handsets and embedded with Panasonic's DECT 6.0 PLUS technology, which allows the phones to deliver superb sound quality and an extended transmission range. As a result, consumers can enjoy conversations with reduced interference.
Additional features of the 2013 Panasonic Cordless telephone models include:
- Talking Caller ID announces Caller ID information in between rings which allows users to screen and avoid any unwanted incoming calls.
- Voice Equalizer allows users to adjust the tone of incoming calls to enhance clarity or to accommodate for hearing impairments, making voices easier to understand.
- Call Block Users can block up to 250 unwanted calls by entering Caller ID information into the phone's memory.
- Silent Mode allows consumers to turn the ringer off on any handset during specific hours.
The new phones are now available at Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Sam's Club, Costco and Amazon.com with the following suggested retail prices:
- KX-TG7875S Link2Cell Bluetooth Cellular Convergence Solution (5 handsets) $169.95; KX-TG7874S (4 handsets) $149.95; KX-TG7873S (3 handsets) $129.95; KX-TG7872S (2 handsets) $109.95.
- KX-TG4225N expandable digital cordless answering system (5 handsets) $119.95; KX KX-TG4224N (4 handsets) $99.95; KX-TG4223N (3 handsets) $79.95; KX-TG4222N (2 handsets) $59.95; KX-TG4221N (1 handset) $39.95.
- KX-TG4753B expandable digital cordless answering system with three handsets: $109.95.
- KX-TG7733S Link2Cell Bluetooth Convergence Solution ((3 handsets) $99.95; KX-TG7732S (2 handsets) $79.95; KX-TG7731S (1 handset) $59.95.
- KX-TG7745S Link2Cell Bluetooth Convergence Solution with dial key pad on base (5 handsets): $149.95; KX-TG7743S (3 handsets) $109.95; KX-TG7742S (2 handsets) $89.95; KX-TG7741S (1 handset) $69.95.
- KX-TG4771B expandable digital cordless answering system with 1 corded and 1 cordless handset $69.95; KX-TG4772B (2 cordless handsets) $89.95; KX-TG4773B (3 cordless handsets) $109.95.