ghd Partners with Victoria's Secret Fashion Show
A top leading professional hair styling brand ghd, announced a brand new multi-year partnership with Victoria's Secret as the first ever official hair tool sponsor for its annual fashion show.
ghd tools are already the choice of industry experts across the globe, with seven successful seasons creating looks for top runway shows at London and Paris Fashion Weeks. The hotly anticipated Victoria's Secret fashion show is the perfect partner for ghd's US fashion debut.
ghd stylers and hairdryers will be used exclusively backstage by lead hairstylist Orlando Pita and his team, creating signature hair looks for the 2013 show. The show will also unveil a new revolutionary, patented styling technology - the ghd tri-zone styler, which styles any hair type faster and creates unbeatable shine.
"ghd is excited to be building on the work we do at fashion capitals across the globe with the Victoria's Secret partnership," says Paul Stoneham, Chief Executive Officer, ghd. "The sexy, show-stopping looks that are synonymous with the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show will be created faster than ever before using our game-changing new ghd tri-zone styler. We hope to see the iconic styles that we create for the runway inspiring women all over the world to have a good hair day, every day, with ghd."
"We are thrilled to work with ghd as the official hair tool sponsor of the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show," notes Monica Mitro, executive producer of the show and executive vice president of brand communication & events. "We are certain that ghd tools will help us to achieve the iconic Victoria's Secret hair styles we have become famous for."
ghd's full line of stylers and brushes, along with the award-winning ghd air professional performance hairdryer, will be on display at select in-store events leading up to the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. Professional stylists will be on hand to create a good hair day for consumers using ghd's styling tools. To follow ghd's real-time brand alerts, extensive behind-the-scenes coverage, how-to videos and other exclusive content, follow #ghdxVSFS and visit www.ghdhair.com/VSFS.
ghd will debut as the official hair tool sponsor in the 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, airing on December 10, 2013 at 10 PM EST/PST on CBS Television Network.
- ghd is always written in lower case and stands for "good hair day"
- ghd is an iconic British, professionally endorsed hair styling brand, available only through the finest salons, ghdhair.com and a few select premium retailers such as Sephora and Harrods.
- ghd is celebrating its 13 th year of transforming the way women style their hair around the world. In 2001, ghd re-invented the professional hairstyling tool market with the launch of its ground-breaking styler, replacing flat irons, straighteners and curlers with a professional styling tool designed for salon use that could also be used easily by women at home and that could straighten or curl.
- ghd continues to be a leader and innovator in hair styling in and out of the salon, enabling women all over the world to have a good hair day, every day with its range of stylers, professional brushes, ghd Style styling products and its award-winning first hairdryer, ghd air. For more information visit www.ghdhair.com.
- ghd classic styler was awarded "Best Flatiron" in the InStyle (US) Best Beauty Buys issue, May 2013.
- ghd air professional performance hairdryer named "Hair Must-Have" in OK! Magazine Spring Beauty Awards, April 2013. (US)
- ghd eclipse was awarded 'Best Luxury Straightener' at the 'Your Hair Awards 2013'. (UK)
- The ghd V gold series styler was named the ultimate styling gadget in the readers' Kiss of Approval Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards 2012 for the tenth consecutive year. (UK)
- ghd was awarded Best Flat Iron by InStyle (UK) for the ghd V gold series in its Beauty Awards 2012.
- Heralded as the 'Aston Martin of Haircare', ghd was named Best Styling Tool at the 2012 Sunday Times Style Beauty Awards, as voted by their readers. (UK)
About Victoria's Secret Fashion Show:
The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show will broadcast on Tuesday, December 10 (10:00 PM, ET/PT) on CBS television network. For more information on the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, please visit www.VSPressroom.com.