Tallwave Completes Selection of Entrepreneur Semi-Finalists for First 'High Tide' Startup Competition
In a move designed to help companies launch successfully, take products to market faster and take advantage of market opportunities with less risk, Tallwave today announced the remaining eight semi-finalists for its first biannual "High Tide" startup competition. Adding to the previously announced 12 companies, Tallwave completed its roster of 20 High Tide semi-finalists and has begun preparation for the selection of the six finalists.
"The enthusiasm and interest we've received for High Tide is a great indicator of the spirit of the entrepreneurial community in the Southwest," said Jeffrey Pruitt, Tallwave chairman and CEO. "As we tap into this rich pool of innovation and exchange of ideas, we are looking for the 'best of the best' to advance as finalists and join our renowned accelerator program designed to validate and commercialize their products and services."
The newly announced Tallwave High Tide semi-finalists are:
- Fit Sponsors (Scottsdale, AZ): a fitness-based mobile application that provides a process of weight loss that is incentive-driven, community-based and socially rewarding.
- HiringSolved (Chandler, AZ): an application that crawls the web to find every resume, profile, and contact method for everyone to make your talent search easier.
- Localotto (Phoenix, AZ): a turnkey SaaS (software-as-a-service) product for local merchant organizations looking to offer members effective marketing and promotional tools to grow business.
- NuYeek (Tempe, AZ): a place to share your life experiences. Not only can you discover great stuff, you can share photos, shop with friends, and build a wish list. It allows you to express who you truly are and what makes you unique.
- REIN (Scottsdale, AZ): a cloud-based residential property management software solution.
- SMART Loyalty Programs (Mesa, AZ): customers log-in at the SMART Terminal at the register, choose their favorite SMART Loyalty Program, and receive rewards automatically applied to their purchase.
- Sunsonix (Phoenix, AZ): provides environmentally safe cleaning solutions that improve cell purity, efficiency, and energy yield in solar cells, while reducing manufacturing cost-per-watt.
- WitnessTree (Glendale, AZ): a text analytics software solution for legal professionals, designed for speedy discovery of the most-relevant few documents from millions, delivered as a low-cost monthly service.
The previously announced Tallwave HighTide Semi-finalists are:
Convrrt (Chandler, AZ); Creative Allies (Santa Monica, CA); Go D?hp (Phoenix, AZ); GreenRx (Denver, CO); GxStream (Burbank, CA); Likely Products (Scottsdale, AZ); LocalWork.com (Phoenix, AZ); Obelus Media (Phoenix, AZ); Renovation Planners (Culver City, CA); SaveOnCouriers.com (Phoenix, AZ); Shop In Spa (San Diego, CA) and Viidya (Phoenix, AZ).
Tallwave proudly recognizes and extends appreciation to the sponsors of HighTide:
"As both a business and a community leader, CenturyLink champions entrepreneurism and applauds Tallwave's efforts to discover the next generation of star innovators in Arizona and across the Southwest," said Ken McMahon, CenturyLink's vice president and general manager for Phoenix. "The work these market leading companies are doing, the jobs they are creating and the leadership they're demonstrating has a significant impact in our community. CenturyLink is proud to support the High Tide startup competition as a corporate sponsor."
Entrepreneurs, corporate sponsors and investors can learn more about High Tide, or sign up to receive more information by visiting www.TallwaveHighTide.com.
Tallwave is a lean business accelerator and venture management firm specializing in validating, commercializing and scaling emerging technology and digital media ventures. Founded in 2010 by former senior executives from Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft, and iCrossing, Tallwave helps businesses identify, achieve and sustain growth using lean-validation principles. Tallwave has successfully worked with over 40 companies in its Venture Accelerator and has added four companies to its Venture Management portfolio.
Tallwave portfolio companies generate an average of 22.25 jobs per company, creating an economic growth engine in the Southwest, while outpacing national accelerators who generate an average 6.5 jobs per venture.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, Tallwave has offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles. For more information about Tallwave, visit www.tallwave.com or call 602-840-0400.