2018 Boston Marathon Registration Opens on One of the Most Iconic Dates in History, 9/11
Registration for the 2018 Boston Marathon will open on one of the most iconic dates in history, Monday, September 11 at 10:00 a.m. ET. The B.A.A. will use the same process to register qualified runners as it has used in recent years, allowing the fastest qualifiers in their gender and age group to register first.
The 2018 Boston Marathon will be held on Monday, April 16, Patriots' Day in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and for the 33rdconsecutive year the event will be sponsored by John Hancock. Registration will be held entirely online at www.baa.org.
The qualification window for the 2018 Boston Marathon began on Saturday, September 17, 2016, and will remain open until the conclusion of race registration.
To qualify for the Boston Marathon, athletes must meet time standards which correspond to their age and gender. The qualifying standards for the 2018 Boston Marathon remain unchanged from recent years, and are listed below.
To learn more about the 2018 Boston Marathon, watch the instructional video below!
To qualify for the Boston Marathon, athletes must meet time standards which correspond to age and gender. The qualifying standards for the 2018 Boston Marathon remain unchanged from recent years.
|2018 BOSTON MARATHON QUALIFYING STANDARDS - EFFECTIVE SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2016|
|All standards below are based on official submitted net time.|
|18-34||3hrs 05min 00sec||3hrs 35min 00sec|
|35-39||3hrs 10min 00sec||3hrs 40min 00sec|
|40-44||3hrs 15min 00sec||3hrs 45min 00sec|
|45-49||3hrs 25min 00sec||3hrs 55min 00sec|
|50-54||3hrs 30min 00sec||4hrs 00min 00sec|
|55-59||3hrs 40min 00sec||4hrs 10min 00sec|
|60-64||3hrs 55min 00sec||4hrs 25min 00sec|
|65-69||4hrs 10min 00sec||4hrs 40min 00sec|
|70-74||4hrs 25min 00sec||4hrs 55min 00sec|
|75-79||4hrs 40min 00sec||5hrs 10min 00sec|
|80 and over||4hrs 55min 00sec||5hrs 25min 00sec|
- ACHIEVING ONE'S QUALIFYING STANDARD DOES NOT GUARANTEE ENTRY, BUT SIMPLY THE OPPORTUNITY TO SUBMIT FOR REGISTRATION.
- If total amount of submissions surpass the allotted field size for qualified athletes, then those who are the fastest among the pool of applicants in their age and gender group will be accepted.
- For the 2018 Boston Marathon, qualifying times must be run on or after Saturday, September 17, 2016.
- The qualifying times below are based upon each athlete's age on the date of the 2018 Boston Marathon (April 16, 2018).
- The acceptance of official race entrants will be based on qualifying time, with the fastest qualifiers (in relation to their age and gender) being accepted first until the race is full.
- The qualifying window will remain open until the conclusion of registration for the 2018 Boston Marathon (once the maximum field size has been reached).
- Only a certified full marathon distance will be accepted for qualifying.
- Distances shorter than a full marathon will not be accepted.
- We do not accept indoor marathon times.
- We accept qualifying times from USATF or AIMS certified courses.
- All qualifying times are subject to review and verification.
- Minimum age requirement for the Boston Marathon is 18 years of age on race day.
- All standards below are based on official submitted net time.
- The Boston Marathon does not designate which races meet qualifying standards. You must contact the race directly to see if they are certified.
- Though the B.A.A. will email registrants upon the completion of their form, runners are not officially entered into the race until their qualifying time is verified. This length of time may vary and can be as long as several days, depending on the qualifying marathon.
|QUALFYING INFORMATION FOR ATHLETES WITH DISABILITIES|
To find out more information on qualifying for the Boston Marathon through our Athletes With Disabilities program, click below:
All of the above information is subject to change