LES MISERABLES Essay Contest Full Rules & Regulations
BroadwayWorld's LES MISERABLES Essay Contest
Full Rules & Regulations
BroadwayWorld.com, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies ("Company"), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows: The Company will conduct this multi-market Contest concurrently and simultaneously on websites licensed to or managed by the Company and in various States.
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Sweepstakes: We will accept entries up through midnight, EST on December 23, 2012 and a winner will be selected on December 24, 2012.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Odds of winning vary greatly depending on number of entrants from this state and other states. Void where prohibited. Register by logging on to the BroadwayWorld.com web site and complete the on-line registration form. Open only to permanent, legal United States ('U.S.') residents who are physically residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) U.S. or District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. territories), and who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the start of the Sweepstakes Period.
Deadline for entry is 11:59 p.m. EST on December 23, 2012. One entry per person.
B. How To Enter: Users will submit a short essay on their ultimate ‘Les Miserables' experience. Writing staff will select the 5 runner-ups, and one winner selected from those by BWW Editor in Chief.
C. Judging Criteria: The following criteria will be applied when selecting the runner-ups and the winner.
Originality: the essay topic is approached with creativity, imagination, and emotion.
Quality of content: the essay is presented clearly and its material is well organized, well developed and accurate.
Style: the essay has a clear structure with a title, introduction, body and conclusion. Paragraphs are used correctly, and punctuation, spelling and grammar are correct.
2. Prize Package. The prize that may be awarded to the eligible winner is: One winner will receive the Ultimate Les Miserables Prize Package including a TV (42-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED-Lit HDTV), DVD player (Sony Blu-Ray Disc Player), cast recordings of the original Broadway and London productions, and DVDs of the 10th & 25th Anniversary concert versions. Approximate value: $1000.00 USD. Prize is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash and not exchangeable for any other prize. If a winner is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner's prize, in its sole discretion. In the event of a change to the date of the cast recording, the winner will be notified and alternate plans made.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants must be over the age of eighteen (18). Only one (1) entry per person per week. Only one (1) prize per household for the Sweepstakes. Only one (1) prize per household, valued at $1000 or more within one year of winning any prize in a national and/or group Sweepstakes conducted by the Company. Employees of the Company, the Sweepstakes' participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Publicity. By participating, where allowed by law, the winner will grant the Company exclusive permission to use their name, character, photographs, voice, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other Sweepstakes and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Sweepstakes to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
5. Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Sweepstakes's sponsors and their respective employees and agents and the Prize Provider and its respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Sweepstakes, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
6. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s), which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize.
7. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A Sweepstakes PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS Sweepstakes, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE Sweepstakes IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPATE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company's release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Purchase does not increase chance of winning. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company may substitute prize, amend the rules or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time as posted on the website. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest.
9. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Contest, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winner, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law. Name of winner will be published online. Participants may request name of winner by contacting email@example.com