Hyatt Place Charlotte/Downtown Celebrates Official Opening
Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) and Prospera Hospitality today announce the opening of Hyatt Place Charlotte/Downtown, a refreshing choice for business and leisure travelers alike.
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Downtown is conveniently located within walking distance of the Charlotte Convention Center, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Bank of America Stadium and Time Warner Cable Arena as well as many corporate offices in the Uptown area including Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Duke Energy, Hearst Corporation and Chiquita Brands International. Charlotte Douglass International Airport is just 15 minutes away.
"We are looking forward to welcoming guests with the authentic hospitality for which the Hyatt Place brand is known and to showing off our beautiful city," said Don Lockhart, general manager, Hyatt Place Charlotte/Downtown. "Whether it is the practical amenities such as food offerings around the clock and complimentary wireless Internet or the unobstructed city views of Uptown, we look forward to making our guests' travel experiences an enjoyable one."
The hotel is located in the twenty-story mixed-use SKYE Condominiums development, which will also soon offer guests the opportunity to dine at Food Network Star Chef Rocco Whalen's restaurant, Fahrenheit. Fahrenheit will be Charlotte's first rooftop restaurant when it opens in January. A roof top pool and sundeck adjoins the rooftop restaurant and open air sky bar for Hyatt Place Charlotte/Downtown guests and SKYE Condominium residents.
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Downtown offers:
- 172 spacious guestrooms, all of which feature a 42-inch HDTV, the plush Hyatt Grand Bed and a Cozy Corner sectional sofa
- Free Wi-Fi access throughout the hotel
- Complimentary a.m. Kitchen SkilletTM, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, a variety of fresh fruits, hot and cold cereal, yogurt, breads, premium coffee and an assortment of juices
- 2,000 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space overlooking Charlotte's skyline
- 24/7 Gallery Menu serving made-to-order entrees and appetizers around the clock
- A Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
HYATT PLACE CHARLOTTE/DOWNTOWN LEADERSHIP
Hyatt Place Charlotte/Downtown is under the leadership of General Manager Don Lockhart and Director of Sales BrIan Williams. In his role, Lockhart is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel's 50 associates and ensuring guests encounter the purposeful service for which Hyatt Place is known. Williams is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Charlotte area.