Tobii Technology AB: Tobii Launches X2 Eye Trackers to Expand Applications and Insights for Research Community
Tobii Technology (http://www.tobii.com/), the global leader in eye tracking and gaze interaction, today announced the release of Tobii X2 Eye Trackers (http://www.tobii.com/x2-60), a new line of highly portable and more affordable research products powered by the latest generation of Tobii's award-winning eye-tracking technology that will dramatically expand insights and applications for scientific and commercial research of human behavior.
"This is an extremely exciting time for the research community and Tobii"
"We are excited to deliver a major innovation for the international research community through a lightweight, portable and more affordable product that provides high-quality insights," said Tom Englund, president of analysis solutions at Tobii. "We believe the new Tobii X2 Eye Trackers will eliminate the previously existing barrier of cost and, through its revolutionary ease of use, allow a broader range of researchers to benefit from the immense value eye tracking offers in understanding human behavior. This will create new research opportunities and discoveries in science, health, education, product development, usability testing, packaging design, advertising, branding and more."
The Tobii X2 product line comprises eye-tracking research systems at 30 or 60 Hz frame rates. Modular design and different hardware options accommodate a wide variety of study designs and stimuli dimensions.
The new product line represents a major leap forward in the evolution of eye tracking. Features and benefits of the Tobii X2 Eye Trackers include:
· Maximum portability - the X2 Eye Trackers are the smallest, most light-weight eye-tracking research systems on the market, powered by only one USB cable, making it easy to study human behavior outside the lab, in participants' homes, clinics, schools or malls.
· Extreme versatility - modular design and different hardware options enable a wide variety of research study configurations and stimuli presentation options, from laptops and PC monitors to tablets, TVs, projections, control panels, ATMs and store shelves.
· Easy to use - ease of setup and operation makes it possible for anyone, from research novice to tech expert, to use the eye tracker.
· High authenticity - a revolutionary large track box (the physical space in which a participant can be tracked), allows participants to be tracked at their most natural distance from a screen or stimuli and move freely and naturally, lending to a more natural experience for the research participant and more valid results.
· Ultimate tracking performance - researchers can rely on an easy-to-use method for gathering highly accurate data throughout the entire track box and unparalleled capabilities for tracking a variety of users, regardless of ethnicity, glasses, etc
"I love the lightweight and small form factor of the Tobii X2 Eye Tracker, which makes it really easy to use every day around the lab and in the field," said Jennifer Romano Bergstrom, Ph.D. and user experience project leader, Fors Marsh Group, USA. "It is quick and simple to set up and use. With this solution, Tobii makes it really easy to get started with eye tracking."
Tobii X2 Eye Trackers are compatible with Tobii Studio, the leading eye-tracking analysis and visualization software, and other applications that build on the Tobii Analytics Software Development Kit (Tobii SDK) (http://www.tobii.com/en/eye-tracking-research/global/products/software/tobii-software-development-kit/) 3.0.
"This is an extremely exciting time for the research community and Tobii," said Barbara Barclay, general manager of Tobii Technology Inc. in North America. "Along with significant advancements in our technology to make eye-tracking studies more feasible for a greater part of the international research community, we now are able to offer an array of resources for customers in the areas of training and services so that this next generation of eye-tracking researchers may fully and quickly Engage and integrate these tools into their studies and gain maximum value from this amazing data."
Learn more about the new Tobii X2-60 Eye Tracker (http://www.tobii.com/x2-60) or Tobii X2-30 Eye Tracker (http://www.tobii.com/x2-30) at Tobii's upcoming X2 Webinar on February 20 and 21. Go to www.tobii.com/x2-webinar to learn more and register.
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE ©2015 Business Wire