2Checkout Offers Broadest Set of Online Checkout Methods in the World with Release of New Payments API
Merchants use 2Checkout to process credit card, debit card and PayPal payments. Merchants benefit from using the Payment API because it allows them to directly integrate 2Checkout's technology into their website with complete coding control, which lets existing website stores and payment pages maintain their current design and user experience. Merchants can therefore focus on designing a unique and branded checkout experience for their customers.
"2Checkout's APIs were a breeze to implement on our website, and they let us keep total control over our branded shopping experience," said Bill Albert, CEO and owner of educational products merchant STEMfinity. "2Checkout's technology gave us the broadest selection of payment options to choose from, and we were able to migrate gracefully from our previous checkout method to Payment API. We are now expanding our online sales into international markets with a locally-accepted and proven payment system, and avoiding the expensive pitfalls of expansion."
2Checkout's Payment API is also one of the most secure and fraud-resistant in the industry, and can be implemented in 15 different languages to accept 26 different currencies and 8 different credit, debit and PayPal payment methods.
Merchants interested in using 2Checkout's APIs can learn more at: https://www.2checkout.com/payment-api
Payment API Details
2Checkout's community supported API libraries are available in PHP, PYTHON, RUBY, .NET and JAVA. The libraries are easy to integrate, and include modules for more than 100 of the most popular shopping carts. Other features include:
- Pre-integrated payment gateway and merchant account
- Free access to TrustWave's TrustKeeper PCI Manager portal & Trustwave security tools to help protect the merchant's site, with a custom "Trusted Commerce" seal to boost shopper confidence
- 2Checkout's proprietary, International fraud prevention technology tracks every transaction and sale and constantly monitors for unnatural activity
- Increases merchants' conversion rates and gross sales by automatically presenting shoppers with the most relevant local payment options. Accepts local payments in 196 countries, 26 currencies, and 15 languages
Broadest Set of Checkout Methods
2Checkout offers two hosted checkouts and an API solution, forming the most comprehensive selection of checkout options in the world.
- Standard Checkout displays checkout pages based on the buyer's device while maintaining the merchant's unique branding.
- Inline Checkout provides a simple payment form that gives shoppers the appearance that they are still on the merchant's site, while the merchant receives all of the security benefits of a hosted checkout solution.
- The Payment API empowers merchants to integrate 2Checkout's payment processing directly into their website with the most customization options.
Regardless of which 2Checkout checkout method merchants choose to use, their new merchant accounts can be underwritten and approved instantly. No other bank or payments processor lets merchant start selling as quickly.
- Learn more about 2Checkout's APIs here: https://www.2checkout.com/payment-api
- Find documentation: https://www.2checkout.com/documentation/payment-api
- Online retailers can start a free merchant account instantly at: https://www.2checkout.com/signup
A worldwide leader in payment services, 2Checkout maximizes online sales conversions by giving global buyers localized payment options. Trusted by over 50,000 merchants, 2Checkout supports transactions in 196 countries through 8 payment methods, 26 currencies, and 15 languages, forming one of the leading processors of online transactions in the world. The service is simple to implement, including a pre-integrated payment gateway, a merchant account, PCI compliance, international fraud prevention, and easy integration for more than 100 of the most popular shopping carts.
- For more information, please visit www.2checkout.com.
- Find daily posts on payments and e-commerce best practices at the 2Checkout blog: https://www.2checkout.com/blog.
- To receive the latest trends and news, Like 2Checkout on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2Checkout.2CO
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE©2016 Business Wire