Taylor Swift, George Salon
Is Taylor Swift
starting a new beauty trend? This week in London, Taylor hosted a "haircut party
" gathering friends like Cara Delevingne and Ellie Goulding backstage to watch as she cut her hair into a new shoulder-length bob. All the fun was captured on Instagram
George the salon in Chicago is already seeing the 'Swift effect', receiving calls from women asking if the salon can host a "haircut party" just for them.
"Sometimes big changes are difficult for us and the support of your friends and family makes it easier to go through a drastic cut," says George Gonzalez owner of George the salon. "Especially if you are nervous about a big length change, a haircut party is a great way to transition into your new style and have fun while doing it."
Tips for Hosting a Haircut Party
- Give back: Connect your haircut party with a local charity and donate your hair.
- Location, location location: Create a night out at the salon or ask your stylist if they travel off site for special occasions.
- The more friends the better: Their support can be that extra push you need to go through with a big hair change.
- Snap it: Share photos of your favorite cuts for feedback and style suggestions as you gear up for the chop.
- Have fun with it: Bring some bubbly or wine to the salon for a new take on girl's night.