Traffic Notice: Highmark First Night Pittsburgh 2014: Tues. Dec. 31, 2013
Highmark First Night Pittsburgh, the city's arts-focused New Year's Eve celebration produced by the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust, will celebrate its 20th anniversary on Tuesday, December 31, 2013. In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment, we would like to make you aware of the following traffic and parking provisions.
Most major streets leading into and out of downtown Pittsburgh's Cultural District remain open to traffic before, during, and following the event. All Pittsburgh Parking Authority and other nearby parking garages remain open with one exception for the convenience of daytime commuters and event visitors later in the evening.
Additional planning information is available for visitors at TrustArts.org/FirstNightPGH.
Real-time parking availability can be referenced at ParkPGH.org.
Please note the following exceptions, including street closures and one garage closure:
All closures begin at 10:00 am on Tuesday, December 31, 2013 and reopen at 1:00 am on Wednesday, January 1, 2014, unless otherwise noted:
- Penn Avenue at Stanwix Street up until, but not including, Tenth Street.
- Stanwix Street from Liberty Avenue to between Penn Avenue and Ft. Duquesene Blvd. (parking garage is still accessible from Ft Duquesne Blvd.) 9:00pm-1:00am only.
- Sixth Street will remain OPEN with the exception from 8:00pm-8:45pm for the FedEx Ground Parade. EQT parking garage and 6th and Penn Parking Garage MUST be entered and exited via 6th Street ONLY. Garages CLOSED and inaccessible from 4pm-1am.
- Fifth Avenue Extension from Fifth Avenue Place to Fort Duquesne Boulevard (Fifth Avenue Place Parking garage is still accessible from Liberty).
- Seventh Street from Liberty Avenue to the entrance of Theatre Square Parking Garage (parking garage access only accessible from Ft. Duquesne Blvd.).
- Maddock Pl. from Penn Ave. to Ft. Duquesne Blvd.
- Eighth Street from Liberty Avenue (Tito Way) to the entrance to the 8th and Penn parking lots (parking lot access only accessible from Ft. Duquesne Blvd.).
- Ninth Street from Liberty Avenue to the Ninth and Penn Garage (parking garage access only accessible from Ft. Duquesne Blvd.).
- Garrison Pl. from Liberty to Ft. Duquesne Blvd (parking lot access only accessible from Ft. Duquesne Blvd.).
- Exchange Way from 9th Street to 8th Street (parking access only accessible from 10th Street).
- All alleys leading into the footprint from Penn Avenue, Liberty Avenue, 6-10th Streets including, Cecil CLO Academy Way, Barkers Pl., Scott Pl., and French Way.
- Seventh Street Bridge 10am until 10pm only.
- 10th Street will be closed, for the duration of the FedEx Ground Parade, starting at 7:30pm.
For information on Port Authority of Allegheny County bus stops that may be affected by the street closures, please call the Port Authority Customer Service center at 412- 442-2000 or the TTY number 412-231-7007, for the speech and hearing impaired, or visit PortAuthority.org.