Audiences More Eager for FAST & FURIOUS 6 than HANGOVER III
|FAST & FURIOUS 6 Tops Movies on Demand Titles, Week Ending 12/15|
December 23, 2013
|Portion of Paul Walker-Led HOURS Box Office Dollars, Soundtrack Sales and FAST 6 Takings to Go to Charity|
December 12, 2013
|FAST & FURIOUS 6 Roars Into the Holiday Season on Blu-ray/DVD Today|
December 10, 2013
|Universal to Donate Part of FAST 6 Proceeds to Paul Walker's Charity|
December 03, 2013
|Related: FAST & FURIOUS 6, THE HANGOVER III, Fandango|
FAST & FURIOUS 6 and THE HANGOVER PART III will be battling it out for moviegoer attention this Memorial Day Weekend, according to Fandango, the nation's leading moviegoer destination. The company released this week's Fanticipation results, which charts movie fan sentiment around the weekend box office line-up, showing FAST & FURIOUS 6 (with a score of 95) surging ahead of THE HANGOVER PART III (with a score of 92).
EPIC, the animated adventure from Blue Sky Studios (RIO and ICE AGE), scored an impressive 83 on Fandango's buzz meter, as it is the only new family-oriented release for the holiday weekend. Fanticipation numerical scores (on a 1-100 scale) are calculated based a proprietary analysis of Fandango's advance ticket sales, website and mobile traffic, and social media engagement.
According to a Fandango survey of more than 1,000 FAST & FURIOUS 6 ticket-buyers:
A whopping 93% would commit to seeing a FAST & FURIOUS 7 even before seeing the sixth installment in the franchise:
- 88% said they are planning to see FAST & FURIOUS 6 on opening weekend;
- 83% said the film's hip-hop and electronic soundtrack has increased their interest in seeing the movie;
- 72% said the return of Michelle Rodriguez's character inspired them to buy a ticket for the film.
In a separate survey of ticket-buyers for THE HANGOVER PART III, Fandango uncovered the following:
- 82% of Wolfpack fans said they plan to see the film with a group of friends
- 76% said the HANGOVER series makes them want to take a Vegas vacation
- 55% said Zach Galafianakis is the cast member they're most excited to see back on the big screen, compared to 31% for Bradley Cooper and 7% for Ed Helms.
On this week's episode of Fandango's "Weekend Ticket" video series, Chief Correspondent Dave Karger will help moviegoers with their Memorial Day Weekend movie selections by breaking down the new releases: FAST & FURIOUS 6, THE HANGOVER PART III and EPIC. The episode also features a lively interview with FAST & FURIOUS 6 star Paul Walker atop a double-decker bus during the film's premiere week in London. "Weekend Ticket" is available for viewing at www.fandango.com/weekendticket.