movies.broadwayworld.com

Mark Hamill: The Original STAR WARS Trio is Officially in Talks for EPISODE VII

Related: Mark Hammil, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Disney, Lucasfilm


In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill, confirmed the reports that he is in talks for J.J. Abrams' upcoming STAR WARS EPISODE VII. The kicker: Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford are also most definitely in talks to come aboard.

"They're talking to us," he told the site. "George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts - they would write us out. ... I can tell you right away that we haven't signed any contracts. We're in the stage where they want us to go in and meet with Michael Arndt, who is the writer, and Kathleen Kennedy, who is going to run Lucasfilm. Both have had meetings set that were postponed -- on their end, not mine. They're more busy than I am."

Hamill might have some stipulations before signing on, he revealed.

"I said to George that I wanted to go back to the way it was, in the sense that ours was much more carefree and lighthearted and humorous - in my opinion, anyway," he said. "And another thing I'd want to make sure of is are we going to have the whole gang back? Is Carrie and Harrison and Billy Dee and Tony Daniels, everybody that's around from the original [returning]? I want to make sure that everybody's on board here, rather than just one. I guess I'll have to tune into your show to figure out who's on board."

In the interview, he also unveils some potential plot points for the J.J. Abrams-helmed EPISODE VII.

"I'm assuming, because I haven't talked to the writers, that these movies would be about our offspring -- like my character would be sort of in the Obi-Wan range [as] an influential character."

Click here to read the original report.

As BWW Movies previously reported, there have been rumors circulating that Ford had already signed on for the film - at least now we have concrete proof that negotiations are in full swing.

Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled to potentially hit theaters sometime in 2015 with a script by Michael Arndt, should everything with newly-tapped director J.J. Abrams run smoothly. Disney and Lucasfilm plan to release a new installment of the trilogy every other year, including origin stories for Ford's Han Solo, Boba Fett, and possibly even Yoda.

Related Links
THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Tops DVD & Blu-ray Sales, Week Ending 8/24THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Tops DVD & Blu-ray Sales, Week Ending 8/24
September 02, 2014
Disney to Bring TOMORROWLAND to New York Comic ConDisney to Bring TOMORROWLAND to New York Comic Con
September 02, 2014
Disney Announces Newest Marvel Adaptation BIG HERO 6Disney Announces Newest Marvel Adaptation BIG HERO 6
September 02, 2014
Red Cross & Disney Unveil New Disaster Preparedness Video ft. Cameron BoyceRed Cross & Disney Unveil New Disaster Preparedness Video ft. Cameron Boyce
September 02, 2014
Benicio del Toro to Receive San Sebastian Festival's Donostia AwardBenicio del Toro to Receive San Sebastian Festival's Donostia Award
September 02, 2014


About Author

Subscribe to Author Alerts

Become a Fan, Follower & Subscriber