Tintri Announces Record Breaking Quarter and Triples Customer Base Year Over Year
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA - Tintri, Inc., the leading producer of storage for virtualization and cloud environments, today announced results for Q2 2013, setting all new company records. Highlights included 110 percent growth in bookings compared to 1H 2012 year-over-year and the company more than tripling its enterprise customer base compared to the same period last year. New customers included a number of Fortune 500 companies in industries including Financial Services, Media and Entertainment, Public Sector and Technology, among others.
Other highlights for Q2 2013 include:
- Opened new global headquarters to support the company's aggressive hiring. The company has nearly doubled in size since Q2 2012
- Closed largest single deal in company history
- European sales expansion resulted in record EMEA bookings
- Total number of VMs running on Tintri increased 364 percent from Q2 2012
- Widespread usage of Tintri per-VM level data management functionalities such as snapshot and cloning. According to a recent survey by TechValidate, a third party survey firm, 97% of surveyed IT organizations rated Tintri's data management as differentiated or better compared to competitive storage solutions.
- Strong repeat business, with nearly one third of the company's existing customer base either expanding current projects or investing in new projects.
- Introduced in May version 2.0 of the Tintri Operating System (OS). A central component of Tintri OS 2.0 is the Tintri ReplicateVM software an industry-first for per-VM array-side data replication and builds on Tintri unique per-VM snapshot and cloning technology.
Alliance and Partnership
- Joined the Cisco Development Network as a Registered Developer within the Storage technology category. The Tintri VMstore T540 completed interoperability testing with Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) and is listed on the Cisco Storage Array Interoperability Matrix.
"We set many sales and growth records last quarter," said Kieran Harty, Tintri CEO. "We are excited to see strong growth in new and repeat customers, geos, industries, size and scope of deployments, and many other categories. The fact that many of our deployments are in the range of 700-800 VMs, some even with thousands of VMs, shows customers' confidence in our production-proven offering.