The RFID in Healthcare Consortium Announces Intelligent Hospital Award Recipients
- Improving Regulatory Compliance was awarded to US Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Integrated Service Network 11 (VISN 11) and Veterans Affairs Ann Arbor Healthcare System Sterile Processing Services (VAAAHS SPS). The recipients are VAAAHS SPS Chief, Robin McLeod and VISN 11 Biomedical Engineering Point of Contact, Michael McDonald (Indianapolis, IN).
- Most Innovative Use Case was awarded to Group Health Cooperative (Seattle, WA). The award will be received by Donnell Coomes, Enterprise Project Management, Senior Project Director.
- Improving the Patient Experience: Care and Safety was awarded to Florida Hospital Celebration Health (Celebration, FL). Ashley Simmons, Director, Performance Improvement Department, will receive the award for Florida Hospital.
- Best Comprehensive Integration was awarded to Oregon Health & Science University (Portland, OR). The recipients are Dennis Minsent, Director, Clinical Technology Services; Angela Baltz, Clinical Engineer; and Chris Coffman, Senior Applications Engineer, IT Healthcare Professional Services Applications.
- Two other outstanding nominations were recognized by the judges. The Finalists, Best Comprehensive Integration are Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA) and St. Joseph's Hospital (Atlanta, GA). Scott C. Phillips is Principal, Wireless for Kaiser Permanente, and Lisa Stepps is Data Analyst for St. Joseph's Hospital Atlanta.
Award recipients have been invited to the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS13) conference and exhibition to participate in the Intelligent Hospital Awards Ceremony, which will be held March 4, 2013, at 5:30pm in Booth 8711. During the event, recipients will be honored, and the 2013 RHCC/Intelligent Hospital Grand Award will be announced. The grand award will be selected from the recipients of the four awards listed above.
The judges for the first annual Intelligent Hospital Awards are as follows: University of California-San Francisco Professor Donna Hudson; Georgia Tech Institute Professor Gisele Bennet; University of Wisconsin Distinguished Researcher Alfonso Gutierrez; and RFID 24-7 Journalist and Editor-in-Chief John Johnson.
Members of the Awards Committee are solution leaders from Ascom, Capsule Tech, CareFusion, GE Healthcare, Hewlett-Packard, Intelligent InSites, Lockheed Martin, MEPS Real-Time, Motorola Solutions, Skylight Healthcare, Skytron, Stanley Healthcare (AeroScout) and WaveMark.
For more information about the awards, please visit intelligenthospital.org/awards.
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE ©2015 Business Wire