Sonus Improves “Leaders” Position in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers
Sonus Networks (SONS), a global leader in SIP communications, today announced that Gartner, Inc., the world's leading information technology and advisory company, has positioned Sonus in the “Leaders” quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Session Border Controllers,” published on October 21, 2013. This is the second such report published by Gartner and marks two consecutive years Sonus has been positioned in the “Leaders” quadrant with an enhanced position year over year.
Session Border Controllers (SBCs) enable communications service providers and enterprises to take advantage of secure, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-based communications, such as SIP trunking services and Unified Communications (UC). The Sonus SBC portfolio is the industry's broadest end-to-end Microsoft Lync qualified SBC solution, delivering SIP-enabled applications from the enterprise headquarters to the branch office.
Expanding its award winning SBC portfolio, Sonus recently introduced the Sonus SBC SWe, the industry's first software-based SBC architected to deliver unlimited scalability with the same advanced features and functionality of the Sonus SBC 5000 Series on a virtualized platform. Scalable from as few as 25 to an unlimited number of sessions, the user-defined scope of the SBC SWe lets Sonus customers choose the capacity and scale they need.
Sonus is the only vendor on the market with the same hardened code base across its hardware and software SBC portfolio, giving customers complete investment protection and peace of mind about the security of their communications network. By leveraging the same codebase and management interfaces, customers can seamlessly add the SBC SWe to networks with existing Sonus hardware-based infrastructure. For customers looking to leverage new and existing platforms to support network functions virtualization (NFV) functionality, the SBC SWe will allow customers to deploy a fully featured SBC co-resident with other applications.
“The Gartner Magic Quadrant serves as an important barometer when companies evaluate technology investments and we are honored have been named a ‘Leader' for Session Border Controllers once again,” said Todd A. Abbott, Sonus executive vice president, Strategy and Go-to-Market. “SBCs serve a foundational role in both service provider and enterprise networks to enable individuals to communicate across different media as technologies intensify.”
- The Sonus SBC 1000 and Sonus SBC 2000 received Microsoft Lync 2013 qualification in several categories, including SBC, survivable branch appliance (SBA), E-911 ELIN gateway and enhanced gateway
- The SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 received Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Unified Messaging qualification
- Sonus is the fastest growing brand of SBCs (Source: Infonetics Research, 2011 – 2012)
- Sonus has the broadest portfolio of Microsoft Lync qualified SBCs; including the Sonus SBC 5200 for high-density environments and the Sonus SBC 2000 and SBC 1000 for smaller deployments
- The Sonus SBC 5100 was named a 2012 Product of the Year by TMC and the editors of Internet Telephony and Customer magazines