Rambus Unveils Imerz, an End-to-End Interactive Multi-Media Platform
Rambus Inc., the Innovative Technology solutions company that brings invention to market, today unveiled a new multi-media solution that allows consumers to interact with and access "over the top" video in a personalized, immersive experience.
Rambus, which has traditionally been known for its memory architecture solutions, will publicly demonstrate its software-based, multi-media solution this week in Las Vegas, NV.
"The level of access and interactivity we've been able to incorporate into our Imerz platform is unprecedented for the consumer. While other offerings have delivered aspects of interactive TV, we feel none of them have successfully integrated all of the functionality into a single, integrated offering like we have," said John Thomas, vice president of the Mobile Technology Division at Rambus.
Key components of the new platform include:
- Single point of integration for Content Rights Owners
- Unique searching interface to discover and select video content
- Seamless connection between TV and mobile, including mobile-based media remote control
- Deep social integration so that consumers can sign-on with their social networks and share, post, discuss what they're viewing from their mobile device and TV
- On-screen interactivity with video and broadcast content, including frame-by-frame synchronization of temporal/spatial tags for story-telling, product information and e-commerce
- Unparalleled communication opportunities for consumers to use in-app IM, voice chat, video chat and on-TV social viewing
- Content tagging service, including curated or live metadata logging
The Imerz media platform allows content rights owners and distributors to integrate against a single point in the cloud to distribute their content over multiple heterogeneous devices and take advantage of the full interactivity. For example, Willow.TV, a rights owner for cricket content in North America, has deployed the Imerz platform. In addition, the Willow.TV application for GoogleTV is also based on the Imerz platform and is available for download through the Google Playstore. Rambus is working with additional content rights owners, along with distributors, to incorporate additional content and new end-points.
For additional information, please visit http://www.rambus.com/imerz
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE ©2015 Business Wire