RSA Conference 2013 Opens Today in San Francisco
RSA Conference, the world's leading information security conferences and expositions, kicked off its annual show today at San Francisco's Moscone Center. Taking place February 25 to March 1, RSA Conference 2013 brings together the top information security professionals and business leaders to discuss emerging cybersecurity trends and formulate best strategies for tackling current and future threats.
This year's Conference includes a notable lineup of featured speakers, including:
- Vint Cerf, Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist, Google
- Scott Charney, Corporate Vice President for Trustworthy Computing, Microsoft Corporation
- Philippe Courtot, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Qualys
- Art Coviello, Executive Vice President of EMC Corporation and Executive Chairman of RSA, The Security Division of EMC
- Francis deSouza, President, Products and Services, Symantec Corporation
- Andy Ellis, Chief Security Officer, Akamai Technologies
- Mike Fey, Worldwide Chief Technology Officer, McAfee
- Art Gilliland, Senior Vice President and General Manager, HP Software Enterprise Security Products, Hewlett-Packard Company
- Dr. Ari Juels, Chief Scientist, RSA, The Security Division of EMC and Director, RSA Laboratories, RSA
- David Kirkpatrick, CEO and Chief Techonomist ,Techonomy Media
- Jane McGonigal, Game Designer, Inventor of SuperBetter and author of 'Reality is Broken'
- Srikanth Nadhamuni, Advisor to UID Authority of India and Chief Executive Officer, Khosla Labs
- Nicholas Percoco, Senior Vice President, Trustwave Spider Labs
- Erik Rasmussen, Special Agent, U.S. Secret Service
- Condoleezza Rice , 66th Secretary of State of the United States
- Herbert "Hugh" Thompson, Ph.D, Program Committee Chair, RSA Conference
- With Special Guests: Billy Beane, General Manager, Oakland A's; and Gary Wolf, Founder, The Quantified Self and Contributing Editor at WIRED
- Jimmy Wales, Internet Entrepreneur and Founder of Wikipedia
- Chris Young, Senior Vice President, Cisco Security and Government Group, Cisco
"As cyber attacks continue to grow in strength and numbers, information security has continued to rise to the top of IT agendas around the world," said Sandra Toms LaPedis, Area Vice President and General Manager of RSA Conference. "It's now crucial for businesses, vendors and government agencies to band together and confront today's vulnerabilities. RSA Conference has become the number one place for industry luminaries and emerging and established companies to collaborate and drive innovation within information security. Together, we can arm ourselves with the best resources and strategies to combat threats."
Some of the highlights at RSA Conference 2013 include:
- Innovation Sandbox - Taking place on Monday, February 25, this half-day interactive program features demonstrations from 10 finalists comprised of today's rising information security stars; interactive whiteboard sessions facilitated by industry experts; and the opportunity to speak with industry-leading experts to learn what may lay ahead for the information security industry. The program will culminate with one finalist being named "RSA Conference 2013's Most Innovative Company".
- Special Government Sessions - Throughout the week, RSA Conference will be hosting featured government sessions and panels. On Tuesday, February 26, Jim Lewis, CSIS, will moderate a government forum on developments in U.S. cybersecurity policy featuring former Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Michael Chertoff; White House Cybersecurity Coordinator Michael Daniel; and Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Eric Rosenbach. On Thursday, February 28, Michael Daniel will delve more into the Administration's cybersecurity agenda and the application of national power with respect to cyber incidents, followed by FBI Director Robert S. Mueller, III, who will discuss how the FBI is dealing with cyber threats to national security. The day will also include a Town Hall with the DHS and National Mission to Secure Cyberspace tenth anniversary forum, where former Secretary Tom Ridge and former cybersecurity czar Howard Schmidt will look at the growing sophistication of cyber attacks over the last decade.
- Privacy Panel: A Conversation with Facebook, Google, Microsoft & Mozilla- On Wednesday, February 27, Trevor Hughes, President & CEO of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, will lead a panel that will address the explosion of privacy issues in the marketplace, including Do Not Track, third-party applications, mobile privacy and social media. This panel will feature leaders from Facebook, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla as they explore the state of privacy in the online and IT worlds.
- Keynote with Jane McGonigal - Drawing on the latest findings in psychology, cognitive science and sociology, video game developer Jane McGonigal is turning gameplay to socially positive ends, developing new reality-based games that are designed to find solutions to business, health, social and environmental problems. She explores the power and future of gaming and reveals how its collaborative aspects are being used to solve some of the most difficult challenges facing humanity. During her keynote on Thursday, February 28, McGonigal will challenge attendees to consider how the security industry might solve problems through the valuable "collective intelligence" that gaming generates."
RSA Conference would like to extend its thanks its 2013 sponsors: Microsoft; RSA, The Security Division of EMC; Symantec Corporation; Akamai Technologies; Qualys, Inc.; FireEye; SafeNet; Splunk, Inc.; Cisco; HP; McAfee, Inc. an Intel Company; Trustwave; CA Technologies; nCircle; Sophos; TeleTrusT - IT Security Association Germany; Websense, Inc.; Blue Coat Systems; Check Point Software; Dell SecureWorks; Entrust; ESET North America; Juniper Networks; Narus, Inc; Redseal Networks; Secunia; Verizon; TITUS; Trend Micro; Tripwire; Venafi; and, Veracode.
A complete RSA Conference 2013 agenda can be found at: https://ae.rsaconference.com/US13/connect/agenda.ww
RSA CONFERENCE ONLINE
- LinkedIn Group - http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=3120
- Facebook Group - http://www.facebook.com/rsaconference
- Twitter - http://twitter.com/rsaconference
- Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/rsaconference
- YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/RSAConference
- Google+ - https://plus.google.com/102053116262408140181/posts
- Interested in joining the conversation? Follow these hashtags throughout the week: #RSAC
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference helps drive the global information security agenda with annual events in the U.S., Europe, and Asia. Since 1991, RSA Conference consistently attracts the best and brightest in the field, creating opportunities to learn about information security's most important issues through face-to-face and online interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies. As information security professionals work to stay ahead of ever-changing security threats and trends, they turn to RSA Conference for a 360-degree view of the industry. RSA Conference seeks to arm participants with the knowledge they need to remain at the forefront of the information security business. More information on events, online programming and the most up-to-date news pertaining to the information security industry can be found at www.rsaconference.com.
RSA and the RSA Conference logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE©2014 Business Wire