Nokia Announces Music+ - New Features for Lumia Owners
Music+ - New Features for Lumia Owners" src="http://images.bwwstatic.com/columnpic6/EE131998-CBB7-37D5-600745A0269B3B1D.jpg" alt="" width="300" align="left" border="0" hspace="10" />
Nokia today announced Nokia Music+, a new subscription-based upgrade to its popular free-to-stream mobile music service, offering a range of additional features for a minimal monthly fee. It will be rolling out as an optional update to the existing service in Q1 2013. The existing Nokia Music service will continue to be available free of charge, with no advertisements, registration or subscription to Nokia Lumia owners.
Nokia Music users create their own mixes or stream from playlists curated by an expert team of musicologists and international artists. Mixes can also be saved for offline playback.
- The ability to download unlimited mixes for offline playback
- Unlimited track skips providing greater opportunities to self-curate streamed music
- The option to select higher quality audio when connecting via Wi-Fi
- Lyric streaming for many tracks
- Listen to Nokia Music via Internet-enabled devices including PC or tablet
Jyrki Rosenberg, VP for Entertainment at Nokia, said, "By removing barriers like adverts and sign-ins, Nokia Music makes it easy for users to discover and enjoy music on the go. Nokia Music+ now provides increased control over the listening experience at half the cost of many third party services."