New App Incredimail Adds Browser, Photo Inbox & More for iPad Users
The app redesigns the inbox, unifies multiple email accounts, creates a photo inbox from your friends and family Facebook photos, and elevates messages so their contents can easily be seen by users at a glance, in an intuitive "magazine-by-touch" format.
"The team has been focused on the vision of bringing a new look to email and we're proud to deliver some exciting new tweaks to the best of traditional email."
"We love email and believe it is, and will remain, a vital form of communication for years to come. But the new Incredimail is more than that. It is both a unified messaging application, including a photo inbox, as well as a bold new step in recreating the experience as needed for a multi-screen world, especially for newer mobile formats that have seen explosive growth," said Josef Mandelbaum, CEO of Perion. "We think users, especially our users, are going to love Incredimail for the iPad. It changes the entire email experience, tailored just for devices like the iPad. We look forward to extending this quality experience to the iPhone, Android and other devices later this year and eventually even bring this exciting new email to the desktop."
In its recent survey1, Perion found that consumers, especially second wave adopters, now prefer the iPad for reading and writing email, beating out PCs and smartphones by a wide margin. But the survey also found that typically passionate iPad users were not as pleased as they could be with their current email choices. Previous email applications were designed for the PC era, and until now, there has not been a major rethink of the email experience for a multi-screen mobile world.
Incredimail's striking visual design provides innovative functionality for users, to easily view and share email content, including articles, photos and videos. Incredimail redesigns the email experience, bringing the elegance and ease-of-use consumers love from the iPad to their inboxes.
Incredimail is available for free download in the App Store. Highlights that users can enjoy with Incredimail for the iPad include:
* Unified Inbox: Add as many email accounts as you want and view them in a unified inbox, or view each account separately. Incredimail currently supports Gmail, Yahoo!, AOL, and any other IMAP account.
* Quick Peeks: See a quick preview of emails directly from the inbox, without having to open them.
* Photo Inbox: In addition to the regular email inbox, enjoy a photo inbox that features photos from friends and family, keeping you fully up to date with the people that matter most (starting with Facebook photos, others will be added soon).
* Link Previews (a.k.a. Snippets): All links sent to you including photos, videos and articles, are presented as a preview within the email for a pleasant and uninterrupted email experience. Links you send are also viewed as previews by the email recipient.
* Email Stationery: Enjoy a specially designed email stationery collection to add a personal style to emails you send. Additional stationery and rich content coming soon.
* Built-In Web Browser: Search and browse the web right inside your inbox, ensuring an uninterrupted experience.
* Future features to include: POP3 email support, other social platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and more photo integration with Picasa Web, Flickr and Instagram.
"Incredimail brings together the potential of new devices with the beautiful visual interface that iPad users enjoy," said Ron Harari, General Manager of Perion's Communication Products Division. "The team has been focused on the vision of bringing a new look to email and we're proud to deliver some exciting new tweaks to the best of traditional email."