Motorola Introduces Secure Mobile Solution for Federal Agencies with Wireless Access
Federal agencies that need secure voice and data communications on a wireless network now have a powerful new weapon in their arsenal: the AME 2000 Secure Mobile Solution from Motorola Solutions, Inc.(NYSE: MSI), a leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. It is based on Motorola's Assured Mobile Environment (AME) solution, which combines a commercial-off-the shelf (COTS) device with hardware and software to provide end-to-end encrypted voice and data communications through private or public wireless networks to support the missions of federal agencies. The AME 2000 features a smartphone with an Android-based operating system.
- Using a COTS smartphone with an Android-based operating system, the AME 2000 provides a familiar, user-friendly experience.
- End-to-end AES 256/NSA Suite B encrypted voice services and messaging are capable between AME-equipped devices.
- A Suite B IPSec Virtual Private Network (VPN) provides secure data-in-transit between a mobile device and a customer enterprise through private and public broadband networks, including GSM, 3G, 4G LTE and Wi-Fi.
- The AME 2000 supports the use of customer-installed applications, such as graphic information system mapping and video and remote medical monitoring. It also includes a browser and applications for email, text messaging and contacts.
- The AME 2000 implements government-sponsored security recommendations from Security Enhanced Android (SEAndroid) to provide enhanced security policy controls through assured pipelines so processes cannot be bypassed or hijacked by flawed or malicious applications.
- The Motorola CRYPTR micro, a hardware security module in a microSD form factor that meets FIPS 140-2 Level 3 and Suite B standards, provides the AME 2000 with tamper protection for keys, tokens and certificates, and performs high-assurance cryptographic operations.
- Integrated mobile device management allows over-the-air (OTA) installation and updating of applications as well as device integrity verification. For additional protection, encryption keys can be erased remotely on devices that are lost or compromised.
- Android-based software powers hundreds of millions of mobile devices in more than 190 countries around the world. It is the largest installed base of any mobile operating system.