Modulo Exhibits at API Cybersecurity Conference to Demonstrate Risk Management Solutions for the Oil, Gas & Energy Industries
Data from a 2012 Mandiant survey show that the energy industry, including oil and natural gas, is ranked 2nd highest of all industries most likely to suffer a cyber attack. And a recent ABI Research study predicted that cyber attacks against oil and gas infrastructure will cost companies $1.87 billion by 2018, making cyber risk management a board level risk that every company must address. Supporting these findings, Booz Allen Hamilton recently identified the Six Energy Industry Trends for 2014 that are poised to greatly impact the oil and gas sector, three of which call for improved risk management:
- The technology supply chain will increase the need for cyber risk management
- Cyber risk management will become more customized by creating unique approaches to minimize the impact of an attempted attack and to protect critical assets; in particular, when entering high-risk environments
- Striking the right balance between strong cyber risk management and regulation and keeping pace with the constantly changing regulatory environment
- Making the explosion in the amount and types of data work for security professionals including analyzing and presenting data in a way that drives business strategies
By aligning business objectives with risk and compliance efforts, Modulo enables security executives to reduce time to risk reduction and improve efficiencies. Modulo's GRC solutions are deployed in the cloud and through mobile devices facilitating risk management for distributed assets such as sub-stations, distribution towers, platforms, refineries, terminals, power plants, and more.
Organizations can scale GRC affordably by leveraging Modulo's solutions for Vendor Risk, Business Intelligence, Business Continuity, NERC CIP (North American Electric Reliability Council's Critical Infrastructure Protection), SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition), and Compliance with technical and legal standards set by government agencies and other regulatory bodies.
What: The theme of this year's API Cybersecurity conference is Protecting America's Energy through Cybersecurity. API is the only national trade association that represents all aspects of America's oil and natural gas industry. This conference is organized by API to provide an opportunity to network with over 450 cybersecurity professionals, and to candidly share ideas and to discuss the challenges facing the industry. These sessions, essential to cybersecurity, are chosen and presented by recognized experts in the field.
When: Tuesday, November 12-Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Where: Booth #36, Westin Houston Memorial City, Houston, TX
- Tweet this: @Modulo_Intl Exhibits risk management solutions for the Oil & Gas industries at #APICybersecurity
- Modulo Solutions for the Energy Industry: http://modulo.com/industries/critical-infrastructure-energy/
- API Cybersecurity Conference & Expo: http://www.api.org/events-and-training/calendar-of-events/2013/cybersecurity
Modulo is a leading global enterprise provider of Technology Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) management solutions. Hundreds of organizations around the world leverage the award-winning Modulo Risk Manager as a flexible and affordable approach to manage risk, compliance, and business continuity across the enterprise and extended enterprise of third-party relationships. Customers span the financial, health care, retail, manufacturing, higher-education, telecom, energy and government sectors and include BASF, BC Hydro, Commercial Bank of Dubai, Microsoft, New York University Medical Center, Synovus Financial, and Schlumberger. Modulo has earned industry recognition as a 2012 Innovator of the Year and 5-Star product review rating for three consecutive years by SC Magazine.
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE©2016 Business Wire