Crowdtilt Launches CrowdtiltOpen Allowing Individuals and Businesses to Create Advanced Crowdfunding Pages
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Crowdtilt, the San Francisco based crowdfunding startup, today announced that its open source, whitelabel solution, CrowdtiltOpen, is now available to all businesses, brands and project creators who want to launch crowdfunding pages on their own sites. CrowdtiltOpen offers flexible and customizable tools so people with little to no expertise in crowdfunding or payments processing can launch a crowdfunding campaign for free with no restrictions on project type, time limitations or fundraising goals.
"CrowdtiltOpen was built with a clear purpose in mind: to allow project creators to host their own crowdfunding campaigns on their own websites," said James Beshara, CEO of Crowdtilt. "Coin, Tile, Star Citizen some of the largest crowdfunding campaigns of all time have all been selfhosted. I believe they had such success because they controlled their brand, user experience, and customized their campaigns with advanced analytics, retargeting advertising and fullyowning the SEO rush that comes with crowdfunding campaigns."
CrowdtiltOpen offers project creators and businesses the most robust feature set of any crowdfunding tool in the world:
- Recurring Billing: Allow backers to automatically contribute on a subscription basis;
- Bitcoin Integration: Add the ability to accept Bitcoin payments;
- Whitelabel: Build out the whole web page and keep your brand's unique look and feel;
- Customization: Create a unique theme or choose from customizable or packaged themes;
- Analytics Integration: Embed basic CRM technology, as well as integrate third party sites like Google Analytics, AdRoll, Optimizely, etc.;
- Reward Tiers: Customize reward levels and add images to incentivize contributors;
- No Time Limitations: Launch a 30-day, 3-month or ongoing campaign and have the flexibility to extend or shorten the campaign at any time;
- FreetoUse: Pay only standard credit card processing charges at 2.9%+.30 per transaction
- Direct Payments: Secure payments through third party with the ability to accept international payments through VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express;
- Secure: Certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1, the most stringent level of certification available;
- Nonprofits: Accept donations to a crowdfunding campaign with the ability to give backers taxdeductible receipts if you are a registered nonprofit;
- Multiple Campaigns: Easily run multiple campaigns at one time;
- Open Source: Improve, modify and customize the platform to fit your individual needs.
CrowdtiltOpen, previously called 'Crowdhoster,' launched in beta in August 2013 and has helped hundreds companies and project creators reach their crowdfunding goals through customized, hosted campaigns. Some of the biggest crowdfunding campaigns in their categories have used CrowdtiltOpen, such as Soylent, a nutrition substitute that raised over $2.1M, GNS3, a software company that raised over $300,000, and Immunity Project, the largest health crowdfunding campaign that raised over $450,000. Additionally, many campaigns, such as The UT.LAB, experimented with unique preorder and retail models to mitigate inventory and boost sales.