Canon U.S.A. Announces New imagePROGRAF iPF MFP M40 Large Format Solutions
Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today new additions to the Company's imagePROGRAF large format solution lineup with the new imagePROGRAF iPF MFP M40 imaging systems. The new models offer an affordable solution that help provide fast, high-quality, large format image capture-to-output. Enhancements include smarter, more versatile and cloud-enabled workflows that help users produce precise image quality, with double the scanner optical resolution of previous versions.
The new iPF M40 system lineup includes new features that broaden its appeal beyond the CAD/AEC markets. New models** include:
- 44" wide iPF825 MFP M40 system with two media feed rolls
- 44" wide iPF815 MFP M40 system with one media feed roll
- 36" wide iPF765 MFP M40 system with 250 GB hard drive and flat stacker basket
- 36" wide iPF760 MFP M40 system with flat stacker basket
- 36" wide iPF750 MFP M40 system with traditional basket stand
"Business environments today require more than a traditional large format printer; this new input to output solution allows for versatility and helps improve workflow efficiency at an affordable price," said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. "These additions to the imagePROGRAF line meet our high standards for quality, while accepting a broader range of paper weights and types. We expect a variety of organizations, such as architectural firms and educational institutions to benefit from the new features and advance the way they operate as a result."
Intelligent, Cloud-Enabled Workflow
The imagePROGRAF iPF MFP M40 family of devices includes the latest version of SmartWorks MFP Software, helping to simplify the entire scan-to-print, file and cloud process for users of all experience levels. The new devices help users gain more control over their workflow, providing users with access to more editing functions than the prior models, such as invert, mirror, and black and white point adjustments and customizable default scanner and printer settings. The new iPF MFP devices also include Canon's Direct Print & Share, a cloud-based software solution that enables the viewing, sharing and printing of files from almost anywhere in the world, with 5GB of free storage available if users sign up for Google's cloud services*.
The printers include a number of other software applications that empower application versatility including:
- PosterArtist Lite poster creation software that helps users at any skill level to create professional posters
- Accounting Manager feature which collects printer job information such as media consumption, media type and output size, allowing users to obtain printing costs to track in-house usage or for sharing with billing customers
- Print Plug-in for Microsoft Office helps users of any skill level to create large-format printouts of documents, images or illustrations that were created by Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint programs.
Enhanced Input-to-Output Image Quality
The M40 scanner comes equipped with a SingleSensor assembly technology that helps produce Seamless images without gaps or breaks. The new technology incorporated into the scanner helps provide consistent and more accurate color, as well as greater detail in the shadows and highlights. Full width image capture, as opposed to time-delayed scanning of separate sections, means less risk of misalignment of scan data as well.
Additional new features of the M40 scanner include:
- Fits documents that are up to 42" wide; image scanning up to 40" wide - Captures true full bleed 36" prints
- Easy document feeding - Straight paper feed for less wear and tear on documents
- Fast scanning speed
- Max. speed of 3 inches per second in monochrome
- Max. speed of 13 inches per second in color
- USB 3.0 interface - Up to ten times faster than previous USB2 speeds
- Scan documents up to 2.0 mm thick
- 1200dpi scanning versus previous 600dpi for crisper, cleaner scans
These new imagePROGRAF models are scheduled to be available in February through Authorized Canon Dealers and Premier Partner Resellers. The manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) †† of the systems are $11,495 for the iPF825 MFP M40 system, $9,795 for the iPF815 MFP M40 system, $8,995 for the iPF765 MFP M40 system, $8,495 for the iPF760 MFP system and $7,495 for the iPF750 MFP M40 system.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2012. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE ©2015 Business Wire