Balboa Capital Survey Shows Small Business Owners Have Increased Confidence And Higher Revenues In 2013
Balboa Capital, a leading provider of small business loans and equipment leasing in the United States, today announced the results of a comprehensive online survey of small businesses and equipment vendors nationwide. Among the key findings: American small business owners and equipment dealers are feeling more optimistic about the nation's economy, and many of them are seeing increased revenues in 2013.
"We conducted a survey to help identify some of the key issues that small businesses and equipment vendors are facing today," said Jake Dacillo, Marketing Director at Balboa Capital. "Based on the feedback we received, many business owners are still dealing with the effects of the economic downturn, but there does appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel. As outlined in our small business infographic, there is a growing level of optimism among business owners and equipment dealers we surveyed. They anticipate stability with the economy and plan to invest in their businesses during the final months of the year."
Poll results of Balboa Capital's small business survey include:
- 72% of small business owners feel the US economy is improving; 43% are extremely confident about the economy
- 39% of small business owners are seeing increased revenues this year
- 58% of equipment vendors are seeing increased revenues this year
- 88% of equipment vendors are confident about the future of their businesses
- The most common investment goals among small business owners include business expansion (34%), marketing (21%), increasing staff (20%) and purchasing equipment (13%)
- 31% of small businesses financed capital equipment this year
This optimism came as no surprise to Balboa Capital. "We interact with small businesses and equipment vendors on a daily basis, and many of them indicate that things are starting to turn around," said Mr. Dacillo, adding, "As their trusted financing resource, we will continue to provide them with the solutions they need to grow their businesses."