AFL Launches New Fujikura 12S Fusion Splicer
AFL introduces the Fujikura 12S fusion splicer, the world's smallest, lightest and most portable fusion splicer. At just 4.76"W x 6.38"D x 2.24"H, the full-featured 12S fusion splicer is engineered to increase efficiency in the field. With its fully ruggedized chassis, the 12S provides exceptional protection from shock, dust and moisture while its transit case offers multiple options to optimize available work space. The work tray can be placed on top of the transit case or used independently, and for maximum portability the 12S fusion splicer can be detached completely.
Retaining its two camera observation system, the Fujikura 12S fusion splicer has several enhanced features.
- New Li-ion battery provides three times more power than older versions, yielding up to 100 splice cycles;
- The 4.5" high-resolution LCD monitor is three times larger than previous screens with no glare under direct sunlight;
- Refinements in the arc calibration and optical systems have extended the electrode life to 3,000 splices - three times longer than previous models;
- Splicing and tube heating are 20 percent faster; and
- Software updates are available via the Internet for quick access to the latest splice programs.
Even with its small size, the Fujikura 12S fusion splicer incorporates innovative features that have enormous capabilities. Backed by the best service team in the industry, the Fujikura 12S fusion splicer is the ideal splicer to use when portability, ruggedness, versatility and reliability are needed for your splicing application.
For more information about AFL and its products and services, visit www.AFLglobal.com.