PHOTO FLASH: LAND'S END Launches New Performance Collection - First Look!
Want active apparel that works beautifully beyond the gym? No sweat! Introducing the Lands' End Women's Performance Collection, a new active line that goes beyond the gym, from running errands to meeting friends for lunch to lounging around. The collection, built around the success of the Original Performance Pant, features a range of pant options complemented by active tops that can be mixed and matched to create a complete, comfortable look that fits seamlessly into the entire day's activities. The line is now available on landsend.com.
"Popular demand for our previous top-selling Performance Pant prompted us to re-enter the active-apparel category," says Celeste Risimini-Johnson, vice president women's merchandising, Lands' End. "Adding more pant, top and jacket options to this line broadens its appeal by giving the consumer the ability to expand her workout wardrobe's flexibility beyond the gym and into her busy lifestyle, and look good doing it."
The Performance Collection features moisture-wicking fabric, UPF protection and flatlocked seams for chafe-free comfort. The pieces also boast four-way stretch for ease of movement, cotton-like softness and small pockets to hold essentials. The collection is comprised of an array of fits and styles of bottoms, tops and jackets:
- Original Performance Pant. This top-selling pant features a straight-leg silhouette and a slim but not-too-tight cut through the hips and thigh. It comes in full-length and crop.
- Relaxed Performance Pant. This wide-leg silhouette fits straight through the hip and comes in full-length, capri and Bermuda short.
- Control Performance Pant. This pant, with interior mesh control panels to smooth the waist and hips, offers a slimmer fit through the hips and thighs and comes in boot-cut, slim-leg and legging capri.
TOPS AND SPORTS BRA
- Colorblock Tank, Short- and Long-sleeve Crew Tee and Elbow-Sleeve Tunic. These tops, featuring curved accent seams to flatter the shape, are designed to not cling to the body. The elbow-sleeve tunic is longer for added coverage.
- Control Tank. This tank's front and side mesh panels smooth the tummy, while its racerback style allows maximum arm movement.
- Sports Bra. This sports bra is made of lightweight fabric and wicks moisture to keep you cool and dry. A mesh stabilizer panel provides support, and soft cups add coverage and are sewn into the bra liner to eliminate shifting.
- Colorblock and Solid Sport Jackets. These jackets feature four-way stretch fabric to wick away moisture, built-in UV protection to help keep skin safe from the sun, a drawstring hoodie, onseam pockets and thumbholes at the cuffs to keep sleeves in place.
To support the Performance Collection launch, Lands' End is partnering with Fitnessmagazine on print and digital productions, as well as the "Get Active Sweepstakes," atlandsend.com/getactive, for a chance to enter to win weekly prizes and a grand prize of a free gym membership and $500 to shop the new collection. In addition, Lands' End is joining forces with Fitness magazine Fitterati® Courtney Horan, blogger of Sweet Tooth Sweet Life, to help support the launch.
Horan, one of the first to test out the line, has become an instant fan. "The Performance Collection's versatile designs are an easy fit for my lifestyle, extremely functional but stylish for working out, and also perfect for running errands," says Horan. "The shirts are fitted but not too tight, which is perfect for my post-baby body. The scooped necklines and flat, wide waistbands provide a universally forgiving design. Combined with small but important details, including thumbholes in the jacket, control panels on some styles and built-in ventilation, the line has quickly become a favorite in my wardrobe."