Refinery29 Introduces Tinseltown
Refinery29, Apparel, Accessories
Refinery29, a source for all the things fashion, trends, and shopping, launched an exciting new addition to its premium original content lineup. Tinseltown, a multi-faceted holiday initiative that will culminate with a 3-day live shopping Bazaar.
"Inspiration-based shopping is a major focus for Refinery29," says founder, Philippe von Borries. "And Tinseltown is another means of showing users and brands how we can engage audiences, as well as the convergence of all of our greatest assets—incredible product and resources, imaginative programming, and an innovative user experience."
- Refinery29's Tinseltown features three interactive online and offline components; Live from Tinseltown (kitschy and cool video series), Tinseltown Gift Guide (shop straight from the inspiration of the videos), and the Tinseltown Bazaar (Refinery29 comes to life with the Nolita pop up!)
- The site's comprehensive holiday hub, Tinseltown, www.Refinery29.com/holiday, will inspire readers through December 25th, and be a welcomed diversion from the stresses of the holiday season.
"Live from Tinseltown":
- A daily video series that turns gift-giving into a modern-day interactive variety show, will allow users to watch, share, and shop all within the span of a 3-minute, editor-hosted romp.
- The 16-episode, unscripted, daily series will combine all the fun-meets-future trademarks the site is known for—premium programming, R29 talent, and access to editor-curated product through a brand-new online shopping technology, which will allow users to put product directly into their shopping carts throughout the span of each themed video.
- Refinery29's editors will join a slew of stylish guests, including actress and host Louise Roe, and sister-duo Danielle and Jodi Snyder of DanniJo jewelry, to bring the themed gift guides even more to life.
- To create the sparkling holiday set ("imagine a sort of winter-wonderland of the future," says Editor-in-Chief, Christene Barberich), the site reunited with star set designers, Aux Armes, based in Brooklyn and responsible for creating the awe-inspiring window installations at Hermes and Jill Stuart, among others.
"The holidays can be incredibly stressful for everyone," says Editor-In-Chief, Christene Barberich. "It was important to us that we brought all the best resources to the forefront in the way of these product-packed gift guides, but making them fun was totally key. These videos are a chance for our users to tune into the Refinery29 world in a very personal way. With this video series, it's like they are actually shopping with us."