Eddie Bauer Expanding Into Exclusive Footwear
After 94 years of inspiring and enabling adventure with premium outerwear, apparel and gear, Eddie Bauer expands its outfitting expertise into footwear. Set to debut in fall 2014, the new Eddie Bauer footwear collection utilizes cutting-edge technology and advancements in product engineering to offer the ultimate in performance, comfort, and durability no matter the terrain.
"Whatever your destination, Eddie Bauer footwear is built to take you anywhere you want to go," said Mike Egeck, Chief Executive Officer for Eddie Bauer. "Eddie Bauer is committed to building innovative products focused on functionality and versatility. We aim to elevate the experience of adventurers, and our footwear is a natural extension of our outfitting mentality. We are confident this launch further solidifies Eddie Bauer's position in the outdoor industry."
The fall 2014 footwear collection launches with six men's and seven women's styles. All styles feature ergonomic, cushioned insoles to offer the most stable, supportive fit, and the lightest, strongest midsoles to absorb the impact of every stride. With specialty designed outsoles exclusive to the collection, consumers are sure to have all-day comfort, no matter where their adventures take them.
The collection debuts with the ultimate 24-hour adventure travel shoe, the Eddie Bauer Travex Full Circuit, available in both men's and women's styles. Weighing 11 oz., this shoe integrates state-of-the-art materials and technologies, including:
- InsoFit Pro: An ergonomic polyurethane footbed stabilizing heel cup and superior forefoot support.
- MidLite Pro: A midsole using the lightest, strongest form of polyurethane available to ensure critical cushioning, reduce impact, and provide overall stability that lasts long after other midsoles break down.
- SportGrip Pro: Carbon rubber outsole with grippy tread excels in all terrain, including light trail use.
The collection will also feature two versions of streamlined, lightweight hikers for men and women the Eddie Bauer Lukla and Lukla Pro. At 10 oz., the Lukla is a streamlined trekker that reduces stride impact, especially critical when hiking on uneven ground with a pack, and features:
- InsoFit: An EVA footbed that delivers all-day support while reducing weight and bulk.
- MidLite: Premium EVA midsole to provide the lightest possible weight without sacrificing durability, support and comfort.
- MultiPitch Pro: Outsole with exclusive lug design using Vibram XS Trek rubber compound best in class for performance and durability.
The Lukla Pro features the same performance attributes and technologies as the Lukla, and includes Eddie Bauer's exclusive WeatherEdge PRO, a 20k/20k waterproof/breathable membrane lining to help keep feet dry in extreme, wet conditions.