9th Annual Style Awards Announces 2012 Honorees
In an unprecedented partnership between leading brands in style, media and events, Penske Media Corporation (PMC), Style Media and IMG Fashion will present the 9th Annual Style Awards on September 5, 2012, kicking off the world's most prestigious fashion event, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. The Style Awards will make its primetime broadcast debut on The Style Network on Friday, September 14th at 8pm ET/PT. Fashion fans will get a never before seen look into the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week experience.
Talents behind the world's most exciting film and TV fashions will come together at The 2012 Style Awards, to celebrate and recognize the artistic accomplishments of the community's top costume designers, stylists, models, photographers, makeup artists, hair stylists and more. In addition, Stephanie Winston Wolkoff, President and CEO of SWW Creative, brings her extensive fashion background, production expertise, and exceptional relationships to the 9th Annual Style Awards as Executive Producer. The ceremony will be followed by the Official Style Awards After-Party held at Stone Rose Lounge.
"We are tremendously excited to bring the Style Awards to The Style Network viewers and to Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week for the first time," saidStephanie Winston Wolkoff, the Executive Producer of the Show. Jay Penske Chairman and CEO of PMC, owner of the Style Awards added, "We know this collaboration among three preeminent media and style brands will thrive for years to come."
This year's Honorees were chosen by the Style Awards' Nominating Committee, comprised of esteemed individuals in the entertainment and fashion communities. The Style Award, created exclusively by iconic crystal brand, Lalique, will be awarded to 2012's Style Award winners.
This year's categories, honorees and presenters include:
- "Designer of the Year" – Carolina Herrera, award presented by Katie Holmes
- "Breakthrough Designer of the Year" – Prabal Gurung, award presented by Elettra Wiedemann
- "One to Watch (Female)" – Katharine McPhee, award presented by Joe Zee
- "One to Watch (Male)" – Ed Westwick, award presented by Simon Spurr
- "Celebrity Stylist of the Year" – Cristina Ehrlich, award presented by Amy Adams
- "Model of the Year" – Joan Smalls, award presented by Iman
- "Hair Stylist of the Year" – Andy Lecompte, award presented by Nicole Richie
- "Most Stylish Athlete" – Henrik Lundqvist, award presented by Jeff Gordon
- "TV Costume Designer of the Year" – Jenn Rogien, award presented by Allison Williams
- "Makeup Artist of the Year" – Virginia Young, award presented by Elaine Irwin
- "Accessories Designer of the Year" – Reed Krakoff
- "Film Costume Designer of the Year" - Sandy Powell
Celebrities and members of the fashion community scheduled to attend include:Iman, Nicole Richie, Amy Adams, Katharine McPhee, Ed Westwick,Rachel Roy, Carolina Herrera, Brian Atwood, Ivanka Trump, Prabal Gurung, Reed Krakoff, Jeff Gordon, John Demsey, Alexandra Kotur, Robert Verdi, Joe Zee, Waris Ahluwalia, Stacey Bendet, Derek Blasberg, Henrik Lundqvist, Laura Kaeppeler, Joan Smalls, Catherine Malandrino,Rebecca Minkoff, Kristina O'Neill, Lisa Perry, Reem Acra, AmareStoudemire, Alexis Welch andTimo Weiland, among others.