'The New Atkins Made Easy' Book Offers Jumpstart Weight Loss For A New Year
Just in time to give resolutions a healthy boost, a new, simplified take on the original low-carb diet has hit bookstore shelves. Atkins Nutritionals, Inc., a leader in the weight-management category, introduces The New Atkins Made Easy: A Faster, Simpler Way to Shed Weight and Feel Great Starting Today, a new book from New York Times bestselling author and Vice President of Nutrition and Education, Colette Heimowitz.
Atkins is backed by more than 80 peer-reviewed, scientific studies that validate the health and effectiveness of a low-carb lifestyle. Just this week, Atkins was ranked by the U.S. World and News Report as one of the "Best Weight-Loss Diets" for 2014. The new book provides a more streamlined and simplified approach for the Atkins dieter this year, making the program easier to understand and follow while explaining the basics of Atkins, why it works and what foods to eat:
- Easy steps to weight loss visuals for transitioning phases
- Detailed shopping lists that include every day pantry items for stocking an Atkins-friendly kitchen full of lean proteins, vegetables, fruits, and healthy fats
- Delicious and easy recipes, such as Chipotle Shrimp Salad, Deep-Dish Sausage Cauliflower Pizza and Tiramisu Pudding
- Meal plans that include the Atkins Frozen entrees and easy-on-the-go Atkins bars, shakes, and candies
- Tips for dining out and ways to leverage the Atkins digital tools like the free Atkins mobile app and the NEW iPad app
Heimowitz provides expert guidance throughout the book and features real success stories, giving Atkins followers additional motivation and inspiration along their path to a slimmer figure, renewed energy, self-control and confidence.
The New Atkins Made Easy (January 2014; $16.99; Touchstone) is available at retailers nationwide and on amazon.com.
New Atkins Frozen Meal Entrees
Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. introduces six new, indulgent and easy-to-make Frozen entrees. Featuring whole food ingredients like premium meats, real rich creams, freshly picked vegetables and 7g Net Carbs or less in every meal, Atkins Frozen entrees are great options for all phases of the Atkins Diet. With 310-420 calories and more than 16g of protein in every meal, Atkins Frozen entrees will leave you full and satisfied. The line offers low-carb dieters a convenient and satisfying solution to help achieve and maintain their weight loss and include the following, which just recently launched in time for the New Year:
- Bacon Scramble Scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese and bacon
- Steak Scramble Scrambled eggs with beef strips, green bell peppers, mushrooms and cheddar cheese
- Swedish Meatballs Meatballs with mushrooms and onions in a sour cream gravy
- Mexican-Style Chicken and Vegetables Premium grilled white meat chicken breast with green & red bell peppers, onions and a blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses in an enchilada sauce
- Orange Chicken Premium grilled white meat chicken breast with bok choy, edamame and carrots in an orange sauce
- Shrimp Scampi Premium shrimp with broccoli florets, red bell peppers and penne pasta in a garlic cream sauce
In addition to these six new varieties, the current menu of Atkins Frozen entrees includes a variety of options to please every taste bud from traditional comfort classics like Meatloaf with Portobello Mushroom Gravy to more premium Italian entrees such as the Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo with a real cream and Parmesan cheese sauce. Varieties are available nationwide with new meals rolling out in Walmart locations and additional retailers.