Scoop: WASTE MANAGEMENT PHOENIX OPEN on GOLF CHANNEL - Jan 31 - Feb. 3, 2013
Dates: Jan. 31-Feb. 3
Venue: Stadium Course, TPC Scottsdale, Scottsdale, Ariz.
Golf Channel Airtimes (Eastern):
Thursday 4-7 p.m. (Live) / 7:30-10:30 p.m. (Replay)
Friday 4-7 p.m. (Live) / 7:30-10:30 p.m. (Replay)
Saturday 1-3 p.m. (Live) / 6:30-11:30 p.m. (Golf Channel and NBC Replay)
Sunday 1-3 p.m. (Live) / 6:30-11:30 p.m. (Golf Channel and NBC Replay)
NBC Airtimes (Eastern):
Saturday 3-6 p.m. ET (Live)
Sunday 3-6 p.m. ET (Live)
Golf Channel / NBC Broadcast Team:
Rich Lerner (Golf Channel Play by Play) / Dan Hicks (NBC Play by Play)
Frank Nobilo (Golf Channel Analyst) / Johnny Miller (NBC Analyst)
Gary Koch (Tower)
Peter Jacobsen (Tower)
Mark Rolfing (On Course)
Roger Maltbie (On Course)
Notah Begay (On Course)
Steve Sands (Interviews)
Golf Channel Spotlight Coverage Airtimes:
Saturday 3-5 p.m. ET (Live)
Sunday 3-5 p.m. ET (Live)
Golf Channel Spotlight Coverage Broadcast Team:
Brian Hammons (Play by Play)
Curt Byrum (Analyst)
Phil Parkin (16th Tower Analyst)
Jerry Foltz (On Course)
Scott McCarron (On Course)
- Golf Channel Weekend Spotlight Coverage Makes 2013 Debut - While NBC delivers its award-winning coverage of the PGA TOUR at this week's Waste Management Phoenix Open, Golf Channel also will debut its 2013 Spotlight Coverage at the tournament, featuring specific - and exclusive - coverage of a three-hole stretch at TPC Scottsdale, which includes one of the most exciting settings in all of sports - the famous par-3, 16th hole. While NBC is on the air live from 3-6 p.m. ET this weekend with traditional coverage, Golf Channel also will be on the air live from 3-5 p.m. ET, but focusing only on the challenging stretch that encompasses holes 15-17.
- Landing Zone Graphic Technology Debuts During Spotlight Coverage - A new graphic technology titled Landing Zone will be featured during the Spotlight Coverage, which will predict - while a ball is in flight - where it will land on or off the green on the par-3 16th hole. Viewers will see a split screen with one section showing ball flight while the other shows graphic representations circles on the green pointing to where the technology predicts the ball will land.
- Driving Distance Grid Presented by Callaway Featured at TPC Scottsdale - Driving Distance Grid presented by Callaway, a new graphic representation that measures the yardage of tee shots, will make its debut on the 18th hole during the tournament broadcasts. Similar to the "First and 10" graphic lines used during NFL broadcsts, the Driving Distance Grid graphic lines will be marked off in 25-yard increments on the 18th fairway.
- The Putting Line presented by Fidelity Investments Featured - The Putting Line presented by Fidelity Investments will be featured on several holes at TPC Scottsdale. The 3-D graphical representation will display the optimal path the ball must travel in order to go into the hole.
- Headlining the Field - The field includes Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson, Keegan Bradley, Martin Kaymer, Padraig Harrington, Brandt Snedeker, Jason Dufner, Rickie Fowler, Hunter Mahan, Nicolas Colsaerts, Bill Haas, K.J. Choi, Ryo Ishikawa, Nick Watney, Vijay Singh, Kyle Stanley, Tommy Gainey, Brian Gay, Robert Garrigus, John Huh and Bo Van Pelt.
More On: NBC, Dan Hicks, Johnny Miller, Peter Jacob, Brian Hamm, Phil Park, Golf Channel,