Scoop: 20/20 SATURDAY on ABC - Saturday, May 24, 2014
• Killer Hotel: Three people died in the Boone, NC Best Western's room 225 in two separate carbon monoxide poisoning incidents last year. The shocking fact is that after the first fatalities, nothing was done to fix the leaky pipe causing the problem or to cordon off the room, and no one warned Jeannie Williams and her 11-year-old son Jeffrey when they checked in to that same room. Jeffrey died that night and Jeannie barely survived. Now, Jeannie is speaking out for this first time to Matt Gutman. How common a problem is this, and how safe is your hotel?
• Overboard: The thought has crossed the mind of most cruise ship passengers - what happens if I go overboard? But Sarah Kirby does not have to wonder as she survived a terrifying caught-on-camera plunge into the Caribbean on the first night of her 30th birthday cruise. The industry says these incidents are rare, and usually suicides. Yet five incidents have happened in just the past month. Is the industry doing everything it can to detect and save overboard passengers? Reena Ninan reports.
• Autopilot: Have some pilots become too dependent on automation, and could they handle an emergency if the autopilot suddenly was not there to help? David Muir reports on some recent pilot errors.
• Horrible Passengers: Nick Watt looks at the contenders for world's worst plane passengers. The competition is stiff.
David Sloan is senior executive producer of "20/20." Reports originally aired 1/17/14.