Lisa Loeb Announces Spring Concert Tour
It's been 20 years since Lisa Loeb catapulted into early success with the platinum-selling No.1 hit song "Stay (I Missed You)," featured on the hit film Reality Bites. Over the past decade, Loeb emerged as a TV star (Food Network and E!), an acclaimed children's author and songwriter, founder of a nonprofit sending kids to summer camp, and an eyewear fashion trend-setter. In 2013, she released No Fairy Tale, a collection of original songs produced by her friend and colleague Chad Gilbert (New Found Glory), which Billboard called a "peppy, pop-punk album." As Conan O'Brien noted when Loeb and her band appeared on the show, "If it WERE a fairy tale, Lisa would TOTALLY be Snow White, but with cooler glasses."
In fact, the Lisa Loeb Eyewear Collection for Classique Eyewear reflects her signature style, glasses and all. Rachael Ray and many others are fans of the collection, with choices for everyday and special occasion wear. "My eyewear line is inspired by the glasses I wear," says Loeb. "Think cat-eyed, think sexy librarian, not retro grandma."
The Los Angeles based mother of two is well known to parents and kids for her albums Catch the Moon (with Elizabeth Mitchell) and Camp Lisa (with sales benefiting the Camp Lisa Foundation). She published her second picture book-CD for Sterling Children's Books: Lisa Loeb's Songs for Movin' and Shakin', in 2013.
The tour dates include:
· April 23 - The Redstone Room, Davenport, IA
· April 24 - Gallagher Bluedorn Performing Arts, Cedar Falls, IA (all ages)
· April 25 - Bloomington Center for the Arts, Bloomington, IL (all ages)
· May 20 - The Paramount, Huntington, NY (private event)
· May 21 - YMCA Boulton Center for the Performing Arts, Bay Shore, NY (all ages)
· May 22 - Tribeca Performing Arts Center, NYC (all ages)
· May 23 - Sellersville Theater, Sellersville, PA (all ages)
· May 25 - The Hamilton, Washington, DC
· June 14 - Nashville Pride Fest
· July 10 - Doris Day Theater, Honolulu (all ages)