WGSN Announces Fall 2013 Womenswear Forecasts
WGSN (www.wgsn.com), the world leading fashion forecaster and Official Trend Sponsor of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, announced their runway forecasts for 2013 womenswear fall styles.
"This runway season we expect to see a reinterpretation and continuation of some key trends from the spring season, such as the 1960's mod classics, 90's grunge, and overall androgynous dressing," said Jaclyn Jones, US Womenswear Editor. "The color palettes, print and pattern, and key details will define and differentiate the season."
WGSN expects to see several key item trends on this year's runways including:
- Sweatshirts: The new staple top, with four distinctions: all-over printed, feminine, collegiate, and big animal graphics
- Pleated mini-skirts: An expansion of the classic straight mini skirt, the pleated mini references the collegiate school girl
- Ultra wide-leg trousers: Pants will have a new sense of maximum volume contrasting the skinny silhouette that has been around for so many seasons
- Velvet and Leather: Luxe and self-indulgent fabrics that add depth and warmth for the fall season in both allover silhouettes and as details
- Deep V's: Both sexy and casual iterations of this trend from sheer cotton t-shirts to formal dresses with plunging necklines and/or daring back details
- Coated and bonded fabrics: Unexpected combinations create newness and intrigue, such as rubberized lace and sheer chiffons backed by wool
At Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, taking place on February 7-14, 2013 WGSN's trend forecasters and runway experts will be centrally located in the WGSN Trendzone to discuss and elaborate these trends on-site.
A team of runway and style curators will also provide live coverage from Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week shows on Tumblr wgsn.tumblr.com. The team will report on fall collections as-they-happen on the catwalk and feature beauty snaps and backstage interviews with the industry's top designers.
"Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week symbolizes the emergence of new ideas and in some cases the re-presentation/alteration of old ones. Yet what many speculate and few accurately explain is how the emergence of those new ideas evolve into wide spread cultural trends," added Jones. "We believe that consumers' will see many of these trends filtered through the mass market retail lens resulting in more luxe finishes and trimmings, as well as wardrobe staples created in higher end fabrics and patterns."
Pioneered in 1998, WGSN provides creative trend and business intelligence for the apparel, style, design and retail industries. WGSN's team has grown to include over 300 analysts, researchers, designers and editors, who travel the globe to deliver insight and creative inspiration, real-time retail coverage, seasonal trend analysis, consumer research and business information to more than 38,000 subscribers.
For more information on WGSN's trend experts please visit www.wgsn.com
WGSN is the world's leading trend forecaster. The company enables over 38,000 subscribers to make brilliant design decisions every day by identifying and analyzing the trends that will shape commercially successful products and services in the future. WGSN's inspiration and insight are available through online subscriptions to a variety of state-of-the-art digitals tools and through bespoke consultancy services.
Follow WGSN on Twitter: @wgsn
Follow WGSN on Tumblr: WGSN
SOURCE: BUSINESS WIRE ©2015 Business Wire