Hamilton22 Profile PhotoHamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
haterobics Profile Photohaterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

There are other studios. And if she is prepped and ready to go with the rights... don't be too excited just yet.

enjoyable2
Stand-by
Stand-by

From your lips....

broadwayboy223
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I hope she finds a studio! I would love to see this.

Hamilton22 Profile PhotoHamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Maybe Disney will do it!

Phillypinto3
Chorus Member
Chorus Member

**** you all #unbanmeandillstop

Tom5
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

My guess is if Gypsy has any future on the screen it will be the small screen as a television movie. (Glenn Close did this with South Pacific). Of course if Ms. Streisand wanted to force the issue she could finance it as a feature herself but I don't see that happening. Too risky. Plus I don't think it could  top the original movie which was all the way perfectly cast. Check some of the musical scenes on you tube.

lovebwy Profile Photolovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Happy days are here again! The skies above are clear again! So let's sing a song of cheer again. Happy days are here again!!!!

Woo Hoo! The worst idea in the long storied history of cinema is DEAD DEAD DEAD!!

I figure once I heard they were going to tape the London Gypsy that all was not well in Babsville.

Updated On: 10/27/15 at 03:52 PM
Claudia Draper
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
"AT UNIVERSAL" ... It was initally set up at Warner Bros. THIRD TIMES A CHARM.

Haters hold off on your celebration...

I'll see you at the theater on opening day - Christmas 2016. or not.
ClydeBarrow Profile PhotoClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Oh, Jesus. Barbra Streisand won't Destroy GYPSY

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah
imeldasturn Profile Photoimeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

Thanks God, I feel better now.

Mrtrobz
Leading Actor
Leading Actor

They probably seen Gaga's acting on American Horror Story...

Brick Profile PhotoBrick Profile Photo
Brick
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I can't imagine she can't shop this around to another studio, if the price is right. I mean, I imagine they'll have to shrink the budget some. But with a team fully assembled, and the cast being fairly A-List, if certainly not the production team, some other studio is bound to be attracted to it.

That said, I hope it doesn't happen. The very definition of a vanity project.

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photog.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

I wonder how quickly Universal would backtrack if Barbra demurred and said she was going to merely direct the picture instead.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, FindingNamo, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282
SweetLips Profile PhotoSweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Could someone please just PHONE and ASK her so we can all just put this to bed, or not.

QueenAlice Profile PhotoQueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Streisand starring is probably the only reason any studio would give the project a cursory glance.  Certainly no studio is chomping at the bit for a re-make.  Not without a major, major star at the center of it. Probably the only actress with the box-office power to get the project greenlit with any speed is Meryl Streep.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”
Updated On: 10/29/15 at 11:47 AM
AHTC
Understudy
Understudy

I have never understood the hate for this project.

She is too old. She is BARBRA STREISAND. And if you don't want to see it, don't see it. It's not as if this is a project that would go ahead with someone else.

Mr. Nowack Profile PhotoMr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Mrtrobz said: "They probably seen Gaga's acting on American Horror Story..."

TRUE

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated
Mrtrobz
Leading Actor
Leading Actor

I'm a fan of Streisand and a fan of Gaga but is Streisand still a big name for this generation of Hollywood stars? The film work may have dried up. Gaga isn't getting great accolades for her performance on American Horror Story either and John Travolta is a bit of a laughing stock nowadays. It's all very sad because they were talent back in their heyday but that aren't massive coupes for a film anymore. The writing and directing team are still very esteemed and actively accessible to today's audience but if they want to get this off the ground then they're going to need someone like Cate Blanchett as Rose and Emma Stone as Louise. blush

Updated On: 10/29/15 at 01:49 PM
nasty_khakis
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

How long before it's announced as one of Ryan Murphy's projects at Paramount?

Anshel2 Profile PhotoAnshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star

I am a massive Streisand fan, but am disappointed in that she never delivered on a promising acting career.  The woman has had a 50 year career and has made less than 20 movies.  Other than Funny Girl, The Way We Were and Yentl, there is little evidence of the actress that she aspired to be when starting out.  Rather than take chances, she chose the easy route of commercial comedies for the majority of her film career.  As a singer, she is without peer; as a actress she never fulfilled her desire or destiny.  My opinion.  Have at it.

gypsy101 Profile Photogypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Tom5 said: "My guess is if Gypsy has any future on the screen it will be the small screen as a television movie. (Glenn Close did this with South Pacific). Of course if Ms. Streisand wanted to force the issue she could finance it as a feature herself but I don't see that happening. Too risky. Plus I don't think it could  top the original movie which was all the way perfectly cast. Check some of the musical scenes on you tube."

LOL you must be kidding, the original film is a travesty.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
lovebwy Profile Photolovebwy Profile Photo
lovebwy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

The 1962 film version is very flawed, but has some great elements. I think Natalie Wood is excellent, and the You Gotta Have a Gimmick scene is wonderful. Russell acts it very well, particularly her relationship with Herbie.

The absolute WORST part of the movie is that horrible, corny voice over they had Roz Russell do. They need to do a cut without it. It damn near ruins the movie.

Overall I enjoy it and will watch it when it comes on.

Updated On: 10/29/15 at 04:55 PM
Tag Profile PhotoTag Profile Photo
Tag
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend

Let the games begin!

No doubt fallout from Gypsy.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
Suspended
Suspended

Nobody, no, nobody is gonna rain on her parade.