Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for ClydeBarrow

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
Member Name: ClydeBarrow
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Recent CYRANO musical to be adapted for the screen  Aug 5 2020, 12:58:05 PM

No one should be made to suffer through this, especially Dinklage's singing. To call it singing is being very generous.

"I'm disappointed that Jasmine Cephas-Jones won't reprise her role." Don't be because I was really excited to see her in this and she was not good. Whether that was her performance or the horrendous music I can't say.

For Colored Girls  Jul 23 2020, 09:41:09 AM

Never been a fan of Brown's choreography, except maybe The Fortress of Solitude. Really liked this at The Public and I think the only issue with the direction was that it was played in the round but not directed that way. I'm guessing they'll use a smaller Broadway house and put seating on the stage. Jordan is right though, this is going to be a hard sell and will need some big names in a few of the roles (other than Sasha Allen of CAMP fame).

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jul 2 2020, 09:48:40 AM

alexidarling15 said: "I can't wait for this tomorrow. I just got the Zoom info and it says to log in 30 minutes early - does anything really happen during that preshow time?"

No. That's probably just so you have time to make sure everything is working properly rather than logging in on the dot have not being able to troubleshoot.

How much will you be willing to spend on theatre post closure  Jun 29 2020, 03:57:48 PM

Yes.

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jun 29 2020, 09:46:37 AM

Even though the purchasing process for this was a nightmare, I'm still very much excited to finally be able to see it.

On a related note, I watched The Last Five Years from The Other Palace over the week and really loved it. Neither performance was perfect but it showed the capabilities of the medium and worked perfectly for a socially distant show. I'm honestly shocked US theatre companies aren't "producing" this since it's only two people who are barely on s

MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021  Jun 23 2020, 06:00:07 PM

Just checked my Telecharge account and am rescheduled for 5/21/2021. It is what it is, I guess. Thanks for the heads up, Jordan.

NYC Can Start Phase 2 Re-Opening on Monday 6/22  Jun 17 2020, 04:02:23 PM

LizzieCurry said: "Yes! A mask is not a necklace!

(Also, you can slip a straw under a mask and drink. I've done it. It's not that hard.)
"

It's also not a bracelet either, like some people seem to think it is.

Rachel Chavkin - DIRECTOR X  Jun 12 2020, 10:06:58 AM

pollster2 said: "My takeaway is that Blanco is using the current events to garner some sort of sympathy for their termination. This conversation is an important one, especially for people of color, and Blanco is doing themself no favors."

^THIS

Honestly this is the result of someone who has spent too much time cooped up during quarantine and finding a way to craft the current political landscape as justification for something happening to him completely unrela

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jun 10 2020, 12:33:06 PM

Only took 5.5 hours but I finally got my ticket. Only 40GBP and up tickets left. I was 4856 in the queue so if you're much above that good luck.

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jun 10 2020, 11:45:39 AM

Looks like the 20GBP tickets are sold out too. Going on hour 5 so supes fun! Hopefully the 30GBP ones are left by the time I get in. Don't mind seeing it on July 4 because what else are we doing.

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jun 10 2020, 10:17:28 AM

alexidarling15 said: "Has anyone gotten through? I walked away for three hours and now it says I'll be up in about 37 minutes."

Been on since 7am and it's still telling me more than an hour. F*cking ridiculous to wait at least FOUR hours for this.

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jun 10 2020, 09:00:51 AM

Old Vic tweeted that the 10GBP tickets are sold out but they're still available at other price bands. I'm not even halfway across the bar yet.

https://twitter.com/oldvictheatre/status/1270695976932687875

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jun 10 2020, 07:24:22 AM

alexidarling15 said: "Yes, I'm #3000-something in line for one performance and am about to give up - they don't have as many tickets!I had tickets to see it at BAM in April and was hoping to at least catch it online!"

I'm in the same boat as you. I did just notice that on the website it says "Your queue number won't change, but as long as the person in the pink bar is moving you're on your way." My guy is slowing walking across so we'

Old Vic production of LUNGS (on Zoom)  Jun 10 2020, 07:15:33 AM

Is anyone having luck with this? I tried at 7am on the dot but am over 4500 in the queue. My position hasn't changed in the last 15 minutes which I find improbable. 

Significant Other - OBC Livestream - 5/14/20  May 15 2020, 12:33:51 PM

Check your PMs, Jordan.

Why does Moulin Rouge do a Thursday matinee?  Feb 19 2020, 12:43:45 PM
Seems pretty obvious.
It’s because they can can can!

Extend my trip to see BRIGHT ROOM CALLED DAY?  Nov 14 2019, 01:01:34 PM
You should do whatever you can to avoid seeing this. I would recommend scheduling a major surgery instead. That would be less painful.

Hero’s of the Fourth Turning  Oct 20 2019, 05:49:00 PM

After Eight said: "Horrendous.

Takes its ignoble place in the worst-of-all-time club.”

That’s a glowing recommendation if I’ve ever seen one. 

Hero’s of the Fourth Turning  Oct 19 2019, 05:14:49 PM

CarmenA3 said: "It's 2 intermission-less hours of super conservative pro-Trump religious monologues (because the characters never have a real conversation...they all just put on their speech IMO). If that's your thing, then sure, otherwise skip it."

If that’s what you took away from the play then you clearly didn’t understand it. While the play is about conservatives it’s hardly characterized as “pro-Trump.” I think the reason pe

Broadbend Arkansas  Oct 18 2019, 03:45:09 PM
It doesn’t start until October 25 so what do you want from people who couldn’t have ever seen it?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.