Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for gypsy101

gypsy101 Profile Photo
Member Name: gypsy101
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FOLLIES Film, Helmed by Dominic Cooke, Has Been Greenlit  Jul 23 2020, 08:41:08 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "All I care about is making sure Michelle Pfeiffer is Phyllis. "

i was thinking about this today so wanted to see if anyone else had suggested her on this board. has she sang at all since Hairspray? i think she would be so fantastic as Phyllis.

who else could be in this if it ever happens?

Apple Music vs Spotify for Broadway  Jul 23 2020, 08:33:00 PM
i use apple music and it’s pretty good though it’s missing a lot of stuff i already own so that’s not much of a problem

Rosie/Gaga lead Funny Girl to reopen the Palace!  Jul 19 2020, 08:33:17 PM

ChgoTheatreGuy said: "Gaga will NOT be starring in this show on Broadway. She is touring next summer for her new album, I don't seriously that they will close a Broadway show down because its star is doing her other job that she has. Rosie is a blowhard and is dying to be back in the spotlight, so she will say anything. It sounds like a good idea in theory, but not in reality..."

Lady Gaga in a Broadway show also makes no sense because no way would her health all

Actors who revived their starring roles on Broadway?  Jul 18 2020, 03:10:32 AM

nealb1 said: "Seeing Yul B as The King of Siam in the 80's, was oneof the most memorable theatre experiences I've ever had. It was not cringey at all. Not at all.

He was a legend.
"

wasn’t it a little odd that a non-asian played the king of Siam?

Seth Rudetsky’s “Stars In The House” Concerts  Jul 16 2020, 08:11:26 PM

chrishuyen said: "I was just saying to my friend that it was about time they had a Crazy Ex-Girlfriend reunion (though the episode with Andrea Burns, Gabrielle Ruiz, and Donna Lynne Champlain was quite good as well)."

about time? the show ended barely a year ago

Jason Robert Brown is Working on a Musical Adaptation of A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN!  Jul 9 2020, 01:39:59 AM
what else has he been up to? it’s been five years since his last show and three since his last album. i feel like an alleged movie of 13 has been in pre-production for a decade.

Jason Robert Brown is Working on a Musical Adaptation of A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN!  Jul 9 2020, 01:39:58 AM
what else has he been up to? it’s been five years since his last show and three since his last album. i feel like an alleged movie of 13 has been in pre-production for a decade.

Anaïs Mitchell to release book about HADESTOWN this October  Jul 8 2020, 12:06:37 PM
i wonder when the heck she’s gonna release some vocal selections from the score, it’s so strange that a tony winner for best musical and score has no sheet music available for purchase whatsoever

Richard Linklater - Merrily We Roll Along  Jul 8 2020, 02:50:39 AM
that is so stupid, why are they starting over???

Actors With Unhealthy Singing Technique?  Jul 7 2020, 06:35:07 AM

singer234 said: "Jessie Mueller’s voice is astounding, but she could barely make it through the end of her Waitress run without cracking and straining. It was hard to watch."

that's the only show i didn't like her voice in. i much preferred Sara B on the songs

OUR Hamilton Reviews  Jul 5 2020, 02:49:02 AM

Jordan Levinson said: "Has anyone realized yet that this capturecould give Lin-Manuel a PEGOT? We all know of his Tony, Pulitzer Prize, and Grammy wins, and he shared an Emmy with Tom Kittfor "Bigger" (the 2013 Tonys opening number).

He has lost his only Oscar nomination so far, for the Moana standout "How Far I'll Go."
"

i honestly just assumed something like this wouldn't be eligible because i've never he

Dumb Hamilton Article re: Cast Album vs. Movie  Jun 28 2020, 08:54:31 AM

agreed with Hogan. seeing the original cast live was transcendent. yes the cast recording is fantastic but i’ve never loved a cast recording that a vision didn’t insist or even improve

edit: i was very tired when i wrote this. lmao i'm not even sure what i was trying to say

Anyone else rewatching Glee?  Jun 27 2020, 10:50:57 PM
JGPR2, that is not correct. the spanish teacher was also the glee club director and planted the weed.

i rewatched season 1 and 2 up through regionals early 2019. it was... weird. i stopped because i felt the story did not need to continue tbh. and i was obsessed with the show back in the day, how embarrassing is that.

Dave Malloy Show Tonight?  Jun 25 2020, 07:23:34 AM

not directly related to this video of Ghost Quartet but thought this would be a good place to ask: anyone know why Dave Malloy has left twitter?

High School Musical MTI Reference Recording  Jun 25 2020, 06:31:18 AM

interestingly, someone asked on castalbums.org just asked about this a couple days ago! weird that no one there has any info

Dreamcast: Desiree Armfeldt  Jun 24 2020, 07:09:25 PM
Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  Jun 24 2020, 06:09:13 AM

jonartdesigns said: "So which one got left in? I‘m playing through the show in my head and can’t think of the third f*** said in full. The one in the Reynolds pamphlet trails off before it finishes. "

none of them got left in, for someone that wrote the show you’d like Lin Manuel would know that there’s only two uses in the show

Was Next To Normal A Fluke?  Jun 24 2020, 05:55:12 AM

fashionguru_23 said: "I love the score of "Bring It On", and was it ever confirmed who wrote what, other than some of the obvious?"

according to my itunes which i may have updated with the piano conductor score’s info, Tom Kitt and Amanda Green wrote Tryouts, Something Isn’t Right Here, Better, It Ain’t No Thing, Enjoy the Trip, Killer Instinct, Legendary and Eva’s Rant. Lin-Manuel wrote Do Your Own Thing, We Ain’t No

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  Jun 22 2020, 07:50:04 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Well, no. It doesn’t make it silly. It’s on a platform that doesn’t show R rated material and the MPAA would have given it that R rating."

this remains to be seen though. i agree it's not a big deal but the MPAA isn't cut and dry with how many instances of the word elevate a rating to an R and usually it's when the word is used to mean intercourse that elevates it -- neither time it's used in Hamilton is that t

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3  Jun 22 2020, 06:26:22 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Is it? If that’s the price to pay for people to get to see it, does it really matter? Do we know yet if when it’s released for sale that it won’t be unedited?

And they’re muting two words that everyone knows are being said. Scenes aren’t being cut - this is only a big deal if you have nothing to worry over and want to make it a big deal.
"

it’s because everyone already knows what’s being said

You must log in to view off-topic posts.