Message Board Usage Guidelines
Here at BroadwayWorld, we love theatre, and the incredible community of artists and fans that comprise it. To that end, we want to ensure that our message boards are a positive, respectful place for people to share thoughts, opinions, rumors, theories, hopes, and much more.
We respect the fact that each individual message board poster brings a unique perspective, and we appreciate and champion that. We cherish the fact that we have offered theatre fans from around the world the opportunity to connect and share their thoughts for over a decade, and we value and defend each poster’s right to debate all things theatrical, as long as the discussions are constructive and not personally malicious.
While we all will have differing opinions as to where that specific line is, as long as everyone tries to tread on the constructive side, the BWW message boards will continue to be a special and unique place for theatre-lovers to congregate. If everyone errs on the side of being a good, thoughtful, empathetic poster, BWW and the theatrical community will be a better place.
In that effort, we would like to remind everyone of our
Message Board and Private Message Usage Guidelines:
· Please post with courtesy (and common sense) - no use of profanity, obscenities, or name calling.
· No personal attacks - we all have different opinions - disagree with the view, not with the person. This includes other posters, performers and artists. Everyone is welcome to not like a show, performer, performance, etc. but insulting individual people, their mental state or intellect, physical appearance, or anything of the sort is not constructive to the type of accepting community that BWW and the theatre community prides itself on.
· Discussions of topics or persons in the news, when sticking to reported facts from major news outlets are permitted. However, additional rumors or hearsay are not permitted, and would fall under our personal attacks rule. To further clarify, allegations of alleged crimes are not permitted. This message board is not an appropriate place for discussions of this nature - legal issues, definitions, abuse, and such. There are important conversations to be had here, but an anonymous theatre message board is not the correct venue. These are important issues, and if you have something to report we are happy to connect you with either law enforcement, or one of a number of journalists that are equipped to pursue. If you or someone you know is in crisis, a link to some helpful resources can be found here.
· For your own protection - no bootleg appeals! For the posting of links to websites with copyrighted material, you may post an excerpt if available, please include a web link as well if one exists.
· One account per person. Duplicate accounts will be removed, and abuse of this policy will result in permanent removal of access to the site.
· Those joining the site for the sole purpose of spamming, baiting or trolling will be removed, as will indecent and over-exposed Avatar images.
· Visitors may post reviews, comments, and other content; submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, or infringing of intellectual property rights. BroadwayWorld reserves the right to remove any posts that we deem inappropriate as per these guidelines and at our discretion. Repeated violations in a short period of time will result in an instant account suspension or permanent removal of account access, in BroadwayWorld’s sole discretion.
· Profanity is strictly banned from the board. Its use will result in post removal. Repeat offenders will be banned.
· Racial, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity-based insults are strictly prohibited. Use of any of these will result in immediate suspension.
· Critiques and opinions based solely on ageism, physical appearance, and other individual physical characteristics are not permitted.
· Critical discussion is appreciated and encouraged on BWW’s message boards. However, posts created solely to criticize an individual, especially for things outside of his or her theatrical work are not acceptable. Here at BroadwayWorld we love the theatre and the people who make it. While we know not everyone will appreciate every artist, we need to be respectful and courteous. As fans, we expect performers to do the same on the street and at the stage door.
· Advertising products, services, classes, offers, web sites, applications, etc. is prohibited as well. If you'd like to advertise, use this form to request a media kit.
Suspension GuidelinesUsers who violate the above policies on the message board or in private messages will have their messages removed and will first be privately warned by our moderator team. After 3 warnings, your account will be suspended for 3 days. At this time, your account will display as 'Suspended'. Future violations upon your return will result in a 30 day ban, followed by a 90 day ban and then the complete suspension and permanent removal of your account access.
In cases where repeated violations are accrued in a short period of time, immediate account suspensions will take place or, where appropriate, permanent removal of account access, in Broadway’s sole discretion.
Message Board TrackingWe reserve the right to track your IP address and contact your ISP to report abuse and violations of our policies. We also reserve the right to contact a local law enforcement agency to report violations that violate federal, state and local laws.
To report abuse, please report abuse here.
Image Policy Users may mirror non-copyrighted images or photos in the body of a message, so long as the photo, graphic or image pertains to the topic of the message. Any material found to be in violation of applicable copyright laws, may result in the post being modified or deleted.
Copyright InfringementBroadwayWorld.com respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe your work has been used on the message boards in a way that constitutes a copyright infringement, please contact us at once to report the violation. If you are a copyright owner and you believe that your copyrighted materials have been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please see our DMCA Notice Policy.
Fine PrintBy posting or contributing content using these Services, you are granting BroadwayWorld.com and Wisdom Digital Media a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and worldwide license to use your content in connection with the operation of the Services, including, without limitation, the license rights to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your content, and/or to incorporate it into a collective work.
BWW does not pre-screen or regularly review any contributed content, but BWW has the right (though not the obligation) to remove, without notice, any content posted which BWW considers, for any reason, to violate these Terms or to be outside the subject scope of the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing suspension guidelines set forth above, in BWW’s sole discretion, we may terminate any BroadwayWorld.com Account, with or without notice, for posting such content or including such content in private messages.
Thank you for your participation, enjoy the site and have fun!