Skip to main content Skip to footer site map

Profile for nasty_khakis

nasty_khakis Profile Photo
Member Name: nasty_khakis
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Twitter Tea Mystery  Oct 23 2020, 06:22:26 PM

Emilia Clark did the HORRID Breakfast at Tiffany's where the cat got better press than her or the show.  7 years ago but still fits.

Roles Donna Murphy can play on Tuesday nights as the alternate  Sep 19 2020, 04:11:54 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "I wonder what a Donna Murphy-Norma Desmond would be like."

Didn't she do a couple of readings of it for Roundabout  before Glenn Close decided to do it in London then bring that over?

Roles Donna Murphy can play on Tuesday nights as the alternate  Sep 18 2020, 03:28:20 PM

I think we can all agree Donna is beyond talented and perfectly capable of carrying just about any role full time. 

I'm not sure if she'd ever do that again just so she's not pigeon holed into being a stand by, but I'd love if Broadway did this more so we get to see BRILLIANT actors play iconic roles in major big budget productions that it's very unlikely they'd get the opportunity to play otherwise. Mary Testa has an incredible 

Do you think the ùPhantom film should have been made earlier?  Sep 10 2020, 03:46:31 PM

darquegk said: "I would love to see Jim Carrey do a great movie musical, especially after the premature cancellation of his musical dramedy “Kidding.” But he’s more a Dan in Next to Normal than a Phantom."

At one point wasn't he supposed to be Applegate in the rumored Jake Gyllenhaal remake of Damn Yankees? This was over a decade ago in that post Chicago-rush of announcements of movie musicals. I actually think he'd be great in that role.

Michael Reidel - New York Post  Aug 21 2020, 05:57:34 PM

I will always post this insane interview that man did with the late, great Dave Rakoff with Amy Sedaris.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEc_ID23Uyk

Would you pay extra to stage door  Aug 20 2020, 11:56:28 AM

I don't particularly like this and don't see it happening for Covid reasons, but singers, drag queens, cabaret artists, etc definitely sell "meet and greet" tickets where you get a photo, autograph, and a quick hello with the performer, but usually before the show. Heck, many actors were already using  Cameo.

But like it's been said the performer would have to be paid extra for this and have to agree to it in a contract beforehand (and an actor might

Questions about the 1999 revival  Jul 16 2020, 12:29:04 PM

I know Reba got very busy with a successful sitcom for years right after that and I know she makes more money touring for a month than she'd make in months on Broadway, but I'm still shocked she never returned after getting that kind of unanimous praise and welcome. She would have been a great Dolly and I wonder if she was approached and turned it  down. She's definitely a Bette-level name that would have sold the tickets at the prices Rudin wanted. 

Did Judy Garland ever record Anyone Can Whistle?  Jul 15 2020, 03:00:26 PM

This just makes me upset we never got Judy's Rose. I know it just wasn't possible for many reasons, but imagine what Francine Gumm, vaudeville child star, could have done with Rose Hovick. 

Chicago at City Center Encores  Jul 10 2020, 10:36:01 AM

I've always heard Donna as well. I wonder why she never played the role eventually. Possibly because she or her agent at the time thought she should only originate rolls for the press and award consideration? Just seems odd she allegedly really wanted to do it but couldn't get out of some concert work (or State Fair) for the two weeks for encores but then didn't replace Anne at some point. The early replacements weren't stunt cast, they were broadway n

Ragtime: Movie musical  Jul 8 2020, 06:56:53 PM

The Milos Forman adaptation of the novel is VERY well regarded so any movie musical would honestly be compared to it and likely unfavorable. That being said I actually think with some streamlining  it would make a very epic, cinematic (but expensive!) movie musical. 

The Book (or Lack there of) in a Sung Through Musical  Jul 6 2020, 08:27:47 AM

Sondheim almost always asks his collaborator to write a scene or monologue with no intention of it going into the actual show, but he'll lift lines, character. and mood from it. He's always said if you say "write a torch song here" he's terrible but if you wrote him a little paragraph about a woman in a bar wearing a red dress and drinking a grasshopper he could write something. 

Another famous example is when Harvey Weinstein wrote Albin this beauti

Rocky Horror Show? The sthe  Jun 9 2020, 04:04:16 PM

I think the movie of Shock Treatment has aged remarkably well. I don't consider it a sequel and think you can watch it knowing nothing about Rocky Horror. It was way before reality television and social media stars were celebrities and predicted the commodification of sharing people's lives for public consumption. 

Rocky Horror Show? The sthe  Jun 9 2020, 04:04:13 PM

I think the movie of Shock Treatment has aged remarkably well. I don't consider it a sequel and think you can watch it knowing nothing about Rocky Horror. It was way before reality television and social media stars were celebrities and predicted the commodification of sharing people's lives for public consumption. 

Rocky Horror Show? The sthe  Jun 9 2020, 01:30:56 PM

darquegk said: "The only thing I know about him being unreasonable or difficult is the way the vastly improved stage version of Shock Treatment is locked away from further productions after its licensed premiere."

I saw this! I was jetlagged, saw an evening show then this at midnight in the backroom of a pub. It changed a LOT from the movie of Shock Treatment, but was a breezy 90 minutes of insane fun. I laughed a lot at the young actor playing the Richard O'Brie

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 3 2020, 12:14:00 PM

I don't understand the people here who seem to need EVERY Glee cast member to issue a statement about her mean actions before they'll believe it.

You can watch MANY interviews including the recent Stars in the House reunion where her name is tangentially brought up and all their faces drop. Chris Colfer talked about how rewarding it was to get to sing "Defying Gravity" on the show and his face when he says "sang it with Lea" tells 20 stories on

All 11 Seasons of THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW Now On Amazon Prime  May 28 2020, 11:39:52 AM

Do things seem majorly edited? From my limited understanding, the issue of getting it on DVD and streaming was all the music used was a rights nightmare. Glad it seems to have been straightened out!

STREETCAR With Gillian Anderson Streams Today 5/21  May 25 2020, 07:26:28 PM

I saw it at St Anne's and didn't care for the production at all. I found the staging distracting, confusing, and a gimmick, not a device that helped tell the story. I didn't understand why it was set "now" but all the references were squarely in 1940-- paper boys, telegrams, drug stores, etc. Foster leans so heavy into the character but only in the ways Blanche says about him to demean him, mostly his animal nature. I always think an actor should use what other char

Stephanie J. Block twitter tiff  May 22 2020, 06:19:46 PM

It seems to be from an account for her 9 to 5 character Judy Bernly that I think was actually the show's marketing team. It was probably a gif or photo of her as Judy with some shady or funny caption that might be in bad taste. Likely didn't want it out there.

Sam Mendes Gypsy (2003)  May 19 2020, 01:38:12 PM

I do seem to recall hearing Arthur being FURIOUS Mendes staged Rose's Turn as a mental breakdown with tears, anger, going a bit crazy, etc. Ironic he ended up using it for Patti's production.

Little night music dream cast  May 14 2020, 01:51:43 PM

I really really long to see Mary Beth Peil play Madame Armfeldt. I know she did a concert of it in Greece or somewhere somewhat recently, but she would make a perfect Madame on broadway.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.