Profile for lovebwy

lovebwy Profile Photo
Member Name: lovebwy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Patti LuPone will be on WWHL At Home tonight  Apr 29 2020, 04:53:16 AM

CATSNYrevival said: "It’s the same with Glenn Close as far as I understand. When Glenn accepted Norma she likely didn’t know Patti was contracted for Broadway and then fired. Yet Patti still doesn’t seem to care for Glenn Close."

EVERYONE knew Patti was contracted to do Sunset Blvd on Broadway. It was all announced at once. Patti opens in London, Glenn opens in LA, Patti transfers to NYC. One of the reasons it upset Patti so much was it was such a h

What do I see??  Nov 4 2019, 01:51:27 PM
Great idea! Thanks Uncle Charlie!

What do I see??  Nov 4 2019, 01:04:34 PM
Carobie- thanks for the advice! I did wind up seeing it last week. I liked it ok. I was looking for another good recommendation.

Come from Away seems to be the biggest contender.

What do I see??  Nov 4 2019, 12:32:08 PM
I've heard that's great. Thank you! How is Hadestown?

What do I see??  Nov 4 2019, 12:23:03 PM
Need your guys help again.

Tomorrow is my last night in NYC. I doubt I'll get back any time soon. I can swing one more show.

Saw Moulin Rouge. Enjoyed it. I love the movie, and something was lost I. The translation to stage for me. I was missing some of the songs they cut. However, I liked act 2 a whole lot better than act 1. I cried. Aaron is swoonable.

What should I see tomorrow? Just for a point of reference, I loved Anything Goes with Patti years ago. Loved Gypsy w

What do I see??  Oct 30 2019, 02:33:52 PM
Ok, got a ticket to ML for tomorrow night. Orchestra. Obstructed, but whatever. $169. Can't wait!

What do I see??  Oct 30 2019, 07:22:06 AM
Really? Ticketmaster has different seats than the box office? I entered the lottery for Thursday. If I don't win,I figured I'd just go directly to the Hirshfeld box office and see what they have for tomorrow.

Thanks for your help!

What do I see??  Oct 29 2019, 10:02:54 PM
Thanks Phreak. I'm leaning towards that. Anyone know- s there any advantage to buying a ticket to Moulin Rouge at the box office vs through ticketron?

What do I see??  Oct 29 2019, 09:54:41 PM
So I'm coming to NYC tomorrow. It's rare that I make it there.

Unfortunately, I'm on a budget. I'm thinking I will either see two TKTS shows, or one Moulin Rouge.

So, if you were me, a boy on a budget who gets to Broadway once every to years do I

A. See like Rose Tattoo and Oklahoma! or MacBeth. I would pick two of those.

Or

B. Just get a ticket to Moulin Rouge.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Cheap ticket to Patti LuPone at Lincoln Center  May 15 2019, 11:17:26 PM

Cool. Email me at johnm.dalton@gmail.com

Ill put it in your name and forward it to you.

Cheap ticket to Patti LuPone at Lincoln Center  May 15 2019, 08:39:13 PM
Marked down to $30. Less than half face value. Paid $66.

See the greatest living Broadway actress for $30!

Cheap ticket to Patti LuPone at Lincoln Center  May 15 2019, 08:54:54 AM
Thanks CTTONYC

Cheap ticket to Patti LuPone at Lincoln Center  May 15 2019, 08:29:05 AM

Hey guys! Ticket can now be yours for $40. Again with the fees it was 66.00 so if my math is correct, it's a $26.00 discount. Tomorrow night at Lincoln Center were I first saw La LuPone in 1988 in Anything Goes, and where she trained tirelessly with John Houseman and fell in love with Kevin Kline.

What is that like a 39% discount? Not too shabby.

Email me John.dalton@gmail.com

please delete  May 14 2019, 10:45:58 PM

Ticket sold. please delete.

Today's Tennessee Williams' Birthday. What's your favorite quote of his?  Mar 27 2019, 04:38:43 PM

"Then suddenly, last summer, Sebastian died."

LuPone Concert NYC  Mar 27 2019, 01:18:28 PM

I'm a hick from Los Angeles so I don't know- since it's a gala, do you have to dress up? 

LuPone Concert NYC  Mar 26 2019, 05:18:25 PM

I'm sure she'll live a good long time. But I think she may retire sooner than later.

I'll tell you one thing- after this ****ty week, I can sure use a night with Patti in concert, and seeing some Broadway shows. I needs to escape.

LuPone Concert NYC  Mar 26 2019, 03:02:22 PM

Realistically speaking, not many have a voice that lasts into their 70s. This may be the the last time I get to see her. I'm gonna be all tears. 

LuPone Concert NYC  Mar 26 2019, 01:58:51 PM

Got my ticket! Flying in special to see La LuPone!

Hair Pulled  Feb 5 2019, 01:48:38 PM

You might say NBC has pulled Hair.

Were they already in rehearsals? I think this is too bad. Jesus Christ Superstar was excellent. 

I'm guessing they were struggling with content. Hair is pretty dirty. And dated. Once the Rent fiasco happened, and they realized they'd be up against the GoT finale, it was over, Johnny. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.