Profile for Tag

Tag Profile Photo
Member Name: Tag
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 28 2020, 11:54:03 PM

Then Disney should of just paid the 75 million for the Lincoln Center archival right? /eyeroll

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 28 2020, 11:27:58 PM

P.S. Can we stop referring to Kail as the director of the HAMILTON film? He directed the Broadway production that was captured for eventualrelease. He did not adapt HAMILTON for a movie production.There's a big difference. Kail preserved his Broadway production, he did not adapt it for a motion picture version.

But he has directed the filmed version of the Broadway production, which is not the same as directing the Broadway production.

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 28 2020, 10:22:10 PM

Shira Haas & Amit Rahav for Motel & Tzeitel, right?

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 28 2020, 07:35:56 PM

The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if this will be some rebooted/updated modern spin with a diverse cast (as terrible as that sounds).  What other reason would there be to remake this film?

Thomas Kail, For Some Reason, Is Remaking FIDDLER ON THE ROOF  May 28 2020, 04:11:23 PM

I LOVE this comment on the Deadline article:
"How are they going to do this with a diverse cast?"

1987 Tony Awards on You Tube  May 27 2020, 11:22:44 AM

^More technical and impressive, doesn't mean better.

The original Les Mis design made the show.  Just look at the abomination of the revival's design to tell you that.

Broadway Stars With COVID-19/Coronavirus  May 27 2020, 11:19:30 AM

^He's been on Stars in the House and the Rosie O'Donnell reboot.

1987 Tony Awards on You Tube  May 25 2020, 11:58:33 PM

Judy Kuhn sang the title song, terrifically. 

In a recent Stars in the House, Judy & Seth actually discuss how she screwed up the performance (she was off from the prerecorded music).

Is it time for broadway actors to find a new skill/career path?  May 24 2020, 07:32:22 PM

Yes, there will be a mass exodus from the profession, but it extends FAR past just actors.  There are exponentially more people not onstage that are out of work.

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  May 24 2020, 05:56:11 PM

^Diner has had two productions.

Longest Broadway dance number?  May 24 2020, 03:39:40 PM

Jellicle Ball has to be up there (and also one of the hardest!)

Sophia Caruso departs Beetlejuice  May 24 2020, 03:03:50 PM

^Do you cry at work?

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  May 23 2020, 11:15:58 PM

Hum a tune said: "Bedknobs and Broomsticks"

B&B was recently mentioned as still in development in the NYT's article about Frozen's closing.

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  May 23 2020, 04:00:28 PM

GrantGrant said: "There was a Singin' in the Rain revival announced staringDerek Hough back in 2016 or 2017 but it just never happened. My high school choir was going to NYC and we ran a poll on what show to see, and Singin' in the Rain won, but we ended up seeing Aladdin instead."

Harvey Weinstein can't produce from prison

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  May 23 2020, 02:46:03 PM

I'm still waiting for the Diane Warren catalogue musical.

Official: Musical Version of SMASH is Being Adapted for Broadway  May 22 2020, 12:55:42 AM

Jarethan said: "There have actually been two big budget productions of Marilyn."

Also don't forget the third.  "Marilyn! The New Musical" played at the Paris in Las Vegas in 2018 staring Ruby Lewis (of Broadway's Paramour).  It closed after 23 performances.  Further solidifying that this property...just doesn't work

Official: Musical Version of SMASH is Being Adapted for Broadway  May 21 2020, 12:52:10 PM

They should rep Smash and Bombshell, like Harry Potter Part 1 & 2!

Bombshell Benefit Concert  May 21 2020, 11:30:47 AM

Viewership shot up from about 15,000 at the time of the broadcast last night to 100,000 by this morning!!!

Broadway Stars With COVID-19/Coronavirus  May 21 2020, 11:28:34 AM

AC126748 said:  "I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but Matt Doyle (Jamie in COMPANY) and his partner, Max Clayton (ensemble in MOULIN ROUGE), both had COVID-19. Both have recovered."

This was posted on the old covid thread that got deleted.  I think he was one of the early cases?

Official: Musical Version of SMASH is Being Adapted for Broadway  May 21 2020, 11:24:18 AM

I had to check to make sure this wasn't one of those April Fools articles.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.