New Quantum Deduplication Appliance: 4x Faster, 3x More Scalable Than Market Leader
Quantum Corp, a proven global expert in data protection and big data management, today announced the new DXi6800 Series deduplication appliance, which combines industry-leading performance, scalability and efficiency with unique "pay-as-you-grow" extensibility to deliver better overall value than the leading competitor.
The DXi6800's patented inline deduplication technology, high performance file system software, and intelligent metadata management deliver up to 16 TB/hour performance, four times that of the market leader. Incorporating 3 TB self-encrypting disk drives, the DXi6800 also provides 13-156 TB of usable capacity in a single system -- three times more scalability than the market leader while requiring just half the power and data center floor space. At a base price that includes licenses for NAS, VTL, OST, deduplication, replication, path-to-tape and DXi Accent software for hybrid deduplication, the DXi6800 offers maximum flexibility and investment protection for midrange and enterprise backup environments.
Racing Further Ahead of Deduplication Pack with Critical Advantages
- Best-in-Class Deduplication Performance: The DXi's 4x performance advantage alleviates the pressure of continually shrinking backup windows as data volumes grow.
- "Pay-as-You-Grow" Scalability: Capacity-on-demand enables the DXi6800 to provide simple and predictable data growth management with easy-to-install storage capacity.
- Smallest Footprint per TB in the Industry: 3 TB drives enable DXi6802 users to store over 3 PB in 14U of rackspace -- a 50 percent smaller footprint than the market leader, providing 50 percent power and cooling savings for lower total cost of ownership.
Delivering Key Capabilities for Enterprise Customers
- Cloud-Ready Deduplication: The DXi6800 can replicate to another DXi or to the cloud and is compatible with Quantum's Q-Cloud backup-as-a-service and disaster recovery-as-a-service.
- Redefining Enterprise Data Availability: DXi6800 integrates with and supports features like Symantec NetBackup AIR to improve restore service level agreements and reduce time to return to business in the event of a disaster. The DXi6800 also provides enterprise-class system availability with hot spare drives and new, unique features such as Dynamic Disk Pools to spread spare capacity across drives.
- Comprehensive Data Security: Data-at-rest encryption via self-encrypting drives provides high security without impacting performance, which is particularly critical for cloud-based backup and disaster recovery.
- "We selected the DXi6800 because it offers an efficient approach to deduplication, has the ability to encrypt data at rest, and has the flexibility to offer NAS, VTL and OST presentations," said D'Wayne Switzer, infrastructure manager, International Medical Group. "The combination of scalability and capacity, along with multidirectional replication to other DXi appliances, is particularly important to growing enterprises like ours."
- "We're using the DXi-Series as the foundation of our QSafe backup, deduplication and replication service," noted Wally Lang, general manager, Hipskind Technology Solutions Group. "The DXi6800 is a cloud-ready appliance, which is perfectly suited to our highly optimized low-cost cloud-based data protection, enabling an efficient disaster recovery solution."
- "Quantum clearly aims to challenge the market leader in deduplication," said Jason Buffington, senior analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group. "Data protection will continue to be a spending priority for 2013 and was also one of the largest causes for storage expenditures in 2012. So, improving your deduplication ability will not only improve your backups, but reduce your storage expenses as well. The DXi6800's features and reported performance should put it on the short list for data centers seeking a fast and extensible deduplication solution."
- "Quantum's all-inclusive approach to software licenses combined with our highly scalable backup appliances enables our customers to maximize their data protection investment," noted Robert Clark, senior vice president, Data Protection Group, Quantum. "Customers have come to trust us to offer products like the DXi6800 that will continue to deliver value as their environments grow."
Pricing and Availability