AFA Announces Semi-Pro/Minor League Football Hall of Fame 'Class of 2013'
The American Football Association's Hall of Fame selection committee has completed its annual task of reviewing personal profiles of qualified individuals nominated for induction into the Semi-Pro/Minor League Football Hall of Fame as the "Class of 2013". Information submitted by HOF alumni and subsequent review by the selection committee resulted in the selection of 20 people for enshrinement this year.
This year's group of Hall of Famers will be enshrined as the "Class of 2013" during the AFA's 33rd Annual Semi-Pro/Minor League Football Hall of Fame Induction Dinner at the Pro Football Hall of Fame, 2121 George Halas Drive NW, Canton, Ohio 44708. The induction dinner will be part of a 2 day event for the AFA National Association, which will run from Thursday, June 27th thru Friday, June 28th. This is our second year at this venue and this year's event promises to be even better as we expand into the Pro Football Hall's new event center.
This year, we are also particularly excited that the American Football Association has entered into an agreement with Smyrna Media Group to develop an annual Hall of Fame Induction Yearbook. The American Football Association's Semi-Pro/Minor League Football Hall of Fame has been recognizing individuals whose leadership, performance, and unselfish contributions have forever endeared their fans, family, and former teammates. Promotional space is available and orders are now being accepted. For more information, please contact; Britt Bochiardy, Smyrna Media, BBochiardy(at)smyrnamediagroup(dot)com
- Sports & Celebrity Memorabilia Auction
- Annual AFA HoF Legends - meet the new inductees "Alumni Huddle Cocktail Party - 7pm Thursday, June 27th
- AFA Board of Directors Meeting (closed) - 10am Friday, June 28th
- Pro Football Hall of Fame Tours at your leisure
- 33rd Annual AFA Semi Pro/Minor League Football Hall of Fame Induction Dinner - 7pm Dinner (Cocktails 6pm) Friday, June 28th.
The American Football Association is proud to present the names of those who will be enshrined into the AFA Semi-Pro/Minor League Football Hall of Fame as the "Class of 2013" (names in parentheses indicate sponsors of the new inductees):
- Charles Marston - Lombard, IL (Roman Strzala, Neal Anderson, Butch Hansen, Ben Ward, Jerry Schropp, Mal Yarke, Sim Hendrickson, Chico Cain)
- Chuck Malloy - Fairborn, OH (Lando Steele)
- Bob Cain - Paris, TX (Bill Simon)
- Gail Rozboril - Port Crane, NY (Alvin Lollie)
- George Capellas - Berea, OH (Tony D'Orazio, Paul Takach, Dennis McElligott)
- Joseph Greco - Bernhard's Bay, NY (Armando Paolucci)
- Matthew Magda - Las Vegas, NV (Dave Burch)
- Wilburt Kennedy - Burlington, WI (Bob Milkie, Tony Lombardo)
- Earnest Wash - Watertown, NY (George Ashcraft)
- John Martin - Glens Falls, NY (Dick Leland)
- Dave Storalek - Frankfort, IL (Howard Huntington)
- Darryl Dugger - Richmond, VA (Hal Lockhart)
- Charles "Rambo" Johnson - League City, TX (Keith Ballard)
- Charles Pugh - Chambersburg, PA (Dave Bonsell, Steve Oldt)
- Brian Jansen - Pleasant Prairie, WI (Phil Micech)
- Steve "Bucky" Denton - Phoenix, AZ (Stan Allspach)
- Mike Galeo - Albany, NY (Dave Fleck, Tom Manny)
- Mark Harding - Manchester, NH (Jay McGee)