Public Works Community/National Coordinator - The Public TheaterBack to Jobs | View More Full Time Jobs - Administrative Listings
The Public is seeking a full-time Public Works Community/National Coordinator who is passionate about community-building, artmaking, and building the national movement for community-based theater. As the Public Works Community/ National Coordinator, you will establish, strengthen, and support relationships among our community members and also within the Public Works National Partners & Affiliates. You will provide administrative and logistical support to help foster relationships and support all Public Works programming.
• Public Works National:
o Supports the national partner/affiliate network, stewarding relationships, scheduling conversations/events, processing paperwork, and supporting all Public Works National programming
o Assists with travel planning related to national affiliate visits by Public Works Staff and affiliate visits to New York City.
o Provides administrative and logistical support for the Public Works National Convening
• In partnership with PW Community Producing Coordinator and PW Department, shares stewardship of the communication flow between several hundred community members and Public Works, helping create a welcoming and inclusive space. Creates and deepens relationships with community individuals. Returns all community member communication promptly and oversees Public Works cell phone as needed. Keeps department informed of developments with individual community members.
• Encourages participation and leads teams of community members in serving the wider Public Works community by inviting attendance at Public Theater shows (Public Works Ambassador Affinity Group and other events).
• Attends multiple weekly classes at community partner sites. Coordinates with participants and actively supports teaching artists. Documents class activities and shares summaries with PW Department.
• Works directly with Associate Director to execute the PW/Production Apprenticeship program, providing support for Apprentices and helping coordinate open houses/workshops.
• Actively supports all Public Works productions, from auditions through performances, by serving the community ensemble, community alumni and artistic teams. Attends all auditions, rehearsals, tech rehearsals, and performances.
• Coordinates with other Public Theater Departments (i.e. PR, Development, Marketing) as needed, collecting materials and assisting with documentation requests.
• Maintains community contact database.
• A warm host, capable of helping all different kinds of people feel welcome in a space
• An effective communicator, capable of connecting and communicating with different audiences
• Adeptness at fostering relationships/partnerships and working to meet shared objectives and goals
• Willingness to take action and accept new opportunities and tough challenges with passion
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Ability to make thoughtful, timely decisions
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Attention to detail and strong organizational and project management skills
• Experience with Microsoft Suite, especially with Word/Excel
Experiences and Qualifications:
• Experience in community-based work is highly preferred
• Proven interest in theater and performing arts
• Knowledge of the regional/international theater field
• Fluency in Spanish or Mandarin is a plus
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
As a condition of employment, the Public will require all employees who report to work on site (either at the Public Theater or any other workspace or performing location) to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. The Public will provide exceptions only for employees with an approved medical or religious exemption.
Starting salary is $50,000
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Use subject line Public Works Community/ National Coordinator in your email.
Benefits & Perks:
The Public Theater offers a robust slate of benefits, which currently include:
● A range of excellent health, dental, and vision insurance options
● Employee Assistance Program and Work-Life Services
● Flexible paid time off
● One paid “day of service” each year
● 10 weeks of paid family leave
● Commuter benefits for parking and transit
● Flexible spending accounts for healthcare
● 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
● Life and disability coverage
● Discounted gym memberships
● Free and discounted theater tickets
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an non-exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Position is available immediately. This is a temporarily remote position, with the expectation to return to full time in-person in NYC in 2022.
Salary: Starting salary $60,000