CCCT Seeks Play Submissions for 4th Annual Front Range Playwrights' Showcase 5/14
Coal Creek Community Theater of Louisville, CO seeks submissions for their 4th Annual Front Range Playwrights' Showcase. Colorado playwrights are encouraged to submit their one-act and short plays by May 14, 2010.
1. Short Plays: Scripts of 15 - 30 minutes in performance.
2. One-Acts: Scripts not exceeding 60 minutes in performance (45-60 pages of dialogue).
3. No musicals or multiple act plays will be considered.
1. Only one (1) submission per playwright.
2. Playwrights must be from the state of Colorado. (Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis for those living in towns that immediately border state lines)
3. Scripts must include a cast list with brief character descriptions and short summary of the play.
4. Preferred method of submission is electronic in either Word or PDF format.
5. If you wish to submit by USPS, 6 copies of each script must be submitted in standard manuscript format and bound, not stapled, with card stock cover. Copies will not be returned.
6. Please include a cover letter with title of play, resume and ALL contact information for playwright: address, phone and email address.
7. A short playwright bio or resume should be included
8. Please send scripts: via email to Showcase2010@aol.com or mail to CCCT Showcase, Attn: Play Reading Committee at P.O. Box 791, Louisville, CO 80027.
9. Deadline for submissions is May 14, 2010. Finalists will be notified by July 9th, 2010.
10. Submissions may have been performed as staged readings or educational projects.
11. Scripts that have been professionally published or performed will not be considered.
All scripts submitted will be read, reviewed and scored by the members of the Play Reading Committee. Three or four finalists (depending on the performance time of the selected pieces) will be chosen for a reader's theater presentation at the Coal Creek Community Theater Front Range Playwrights' Showcase on August 20, 2010. The winner of that competition may be taken to the Colorado Community Theater Coalition Festival in 2011 in full production with playwright's permission.
The winner of the 1st Annual Front Range Playwrights' Showcase, The Organist's Daughter by William C. Kovacsik, won FIRST PLACE at the CCTC Festival and competed at the American Association of Community Theater's Regional Competition in 2009.
For more information on Coal Creek Community Theater, please visit www.ccctheater.org.