Photo Flash: EPIC In Rehearsal For EPIC4AUTISM: Songs from the Spectrum
EPIC Players Inclusion Company's Springs Cabaret Benefit, EPIC4AUTISM: Songs from the Spectrum, will take place on Autism Awareness Day on April 2 at the HBO Theatre in Midtown. A pre-show cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres starts at 6:00 pm with the cabaret show starting at 7:00 pm. The evening is being generously sponsored in part by HBO's Corporate Social Responsibility Division. Proceeds will go towards funding EPIC Players upcoming season including their next production, William Shakespeare's The Tempest.
In addition to EPIC's upcoming Benefit and production of The Tempest, EPIC will ring the Opening Bell at the York Stock Exchange on April 3.
On Thursday, April 5, EPIC's Artistic Director, Aubrie Therrien, and EPIC Company Member, Samantha Elisofon, will speak at the United Nations Headquarters in New York for World Autism Awareness Day (observed on Thursday, April 5, 2018). This year's theme will focus on empowering women and girls with autism.
EPIC4AUTISM: Songs from the Spectrum is a musical celebration to benefit the neuro-inclusive company members of the EPIC Players, creating opportunities for artists on the spectrum. In honor of Autism Awareness Day, Songs from the Spectrum will feature performers across the autism spectrum singing songs about empowerment, identity and the human condition alongside Broadway greats and rock legends. The evening will also feature an open bar cocktail reception, passed and stationed hors d'oeuvres, and a silent auction.
More info is available at www.epicplayersnyc.org
The evening features the talent of many Broadway performers and acclaimed musicians including:
- Jonathan Ivie (Broadway's Rock of Ages Band; Natasha, Pierre, & the Great Comet of 1812; 50 Shades! the Musical)
- Singer Katie Ivie (EPIC Board Member, performed at EPIC's Winter cabaret at The Triad/Song About Ourselves)
- Singer Jay Klaitz (Broadway's Rock of Ages & the upcoming Broadway musical Getting the Band Back Together - previews start July 2018 at the Belasco Theatre)
- Rock legend Lord Graham Russell (singer-songwriter, founding member of Air Supply/music & lyric writer for A Wall Apart/2017 NYMF - co-written with EPIC board member Sam Goldstein, PH.D.)
- Amaker Smith (Priscilla Queen of the Desert on Broadway, SMASH/NBC and Millenniums/Hulu)
The cabaret includes performances by EPIC members Miles Butler, Samantha Elisofon (Lead actor in Keep the Change/Tribeca Film Festival), Dante Jayce, Melissa Jennifer Gonzalez, Nicky Gottlieb, Bree Klauser, Nick Moscato, Jason Moy, and Gideon Pianko. Carly Hayes and Anton Spavick round out the cast.
Tickets and reservations can be made at www.epicplayersnyc.org - There is a suggested, tax-deductible donation of $55 to reserve a seat which includes an open bar, hors d'oeuvres and access to the silent auction. Cabaret running time: 2 hours with intermission. The musical benefit will take place at HBO Headquarters - HBO Theatre, 1100 6th Avenue, New York, NY 10036.