I'm interested in seeing this show, largely because I really like Grace McLean. I've looked at both Telecharge and LCT's website, and I can't figure out when tickets go on sale.Does anyone know, or have a general idea?
Thanks for the heads up! I didn't realize this was finally ready for a staged production. I definitely want to check it out.A quick glance at old emails about the Linctix presale doesn't reveal a clear pattern but I'd guess soon? Other shows have started the presale about a month in advance.
This show seems like a must see.
As far as I can see, only LincTix are available at this point.
Thanks all! I was able to get LincTix this morning.I feel so spoiled that I get to see Grace McLean *twice* this year!!!
I'm super intrigued by this one... snagged my ticket for 6/28!
Just snagged a ticket for this through LincTix. It sounds interesting, and I love Grace McLean.
FYI, tickets went on sale yesterday to the general public.
Anyone see this yet? Curious...
I went to the Sunday matinee. I thought 80% of it was brilliant, and the other 20% needed work.If you can't tell from the description, it's a very avant garde, artsy piece..There's a short prologue, and then we see Hildegard locked in the cell with Jutta (Grace MacLean). We are told from the beginning that Hildegard is "broken" for unknown reasons. Hildegard is played by three young women speaking in unison. One holds a puppet representing her eyes, one her hands, and one her mouth. I know the "central figure is portrayed by three actresses" trope has been done a lot recently, but it works well for a character who considers herself broken.The score is gorgeous, the five actresses are really talented (always a joy to see Grace MacLean), and I really liked what it had to say about how women deal with trauma, or how they don't deal with it.What lost me was the last 20 minutes. Hildegard has a breakthrough that's gorgeous to watch. Then the same themes and points get hammered over and over. (It's a shame this part is so overdone, because I loved what the show had to say about acknowledging the bad).After that, the show goes in a completely different direction for the last 10-15 minutes, then ends rather abruptly. I think it's fine that In the Green tries to show that Hildegard is a problematic figure. But these final scenes felt like they were part of a different show. The show is still in previews, so things may change some more. Even with the above complaints, I felt In the Green was well worth my time (especially for the $25 price point). I'd recommend it to people who like artsy, weird shows like Ghost Quartet.
I saw the show a week or so ago. I liked the score, the concept, the style, etc. It's definitely the kind of musical theatre I think we should be seeing more of, and I'm glad it's being produced.That said, it didn't totally click with me. The libretto was just a bit too muddled and disjointed for my taste. I almost never say this, but this is a rare case where I actually might have liked it more if it had more of a semi-staged concert feel to it. The literal staging somehow felt wrong for the piece, and it highlighted the flaws in the book rather than counterbalancing them. Still, very glad I went, and glad people like McLean are still out there writing musicals like this. Hope they make an album.
I thought it was really different! +1 to the live looping comment, was so cool to see her do. I also thought the actress who played the "mouth" part of Hildegard was a standout.
© 2019 Wisdom Digital Media