Profile for macnyc

macnyc Profile Photo
Member Name: macnyc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Randy Rainbow's Latest - "A Spoonful of Clorox"  Apr 25 2020, 05:35:21 PM

It just occurred to me that Randy Rainbow is his generation’s Thomas Nast! 

Off-broadway still open?  Mar 12 2020, 04:12:41 PM

I couldn't find a tweet, but this was posted on 59E59's website:

59E59 Theaters is suspending public programming through April1, 2020 in response to the public health concerns with the COVID-19 pandemic.

I was looking forward to seeing Whisper House, but I'm glad it's canceled because I was tempted to go, and that wouldn't have been the smartest thing.

Scott Rudin lowers tickets to $50 for all his shows in March  Mar 10 2020, 09:36:09 AM
Quizking, what are your concernsh? I am on the fence about attending Broadway shows. I am very healthy but in a risk group because of my age. I imagine many theater goers are in the same demographic.

Telecharge website updates  Feb 28 2020, 10:04:31 AM

Improvements seem good. The site is clearer, easier to use. I like that Telecharge still has the range-of-date option, which Ticketmaster hasn't managed to do yet.

The Official TDF Thread  Feb 22 2020, 02:01:00 PM

jiaxing_26 said: "Sorry -- I just signed up for TDF and it shows the member tickets are "NOT AVAILABLE FOR THIS SHOW." May I ask do you purchase the tickets in advance? Thanks!"

Are you clicking on Current Offers? That’s what you need to do.  

SIX - Preview Thread  Feb 20 2020, 04:29:09 PM

Very well written. I hope he gets a substantive response and, ideally, a solution. He should at least be comped two tickets for a return visit. Plus, the theater staff has to control unruly audience members, for everyone's sake.

Mack & Mabel City Center Encores!  Feb 19 2020, 12:08:27 PM

How is it different from previous Encores productions? Some of those, if not fully staged, came pretty close. I have tickets for the weekend. 

Grand Horizons, A Soldier's Play, or Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice  Feb 17 2020, 08:12:49 AM

^^^^^Yes, A Soldier’s Play.

The Official TDF Thread  Feb 15 2020, 06:43:55 AM

Email them and ask. A friend was recently able to switch a date. 

Hamilton on Disney to be MUTED?  Feb 13 2020, 10:34:50 AM

I hear the whole character of Maria Reynolds will be cut. devil

"Blues For An Alabama Sky" at Theater Row  Feb 12 2020, 03:55:43 PM

My friend and I really loved this. The acting is incredible. John-Andrew Morrison was amazing as Guy, and I liked Alfie Fuller as Angel. My only problem is that Angel is such an opportunist and so calculating, it's hard to accept that anyone would want to have a relationship with her. Guy is so sweet and optimistic, they are quite a contrast. (He takes her in when she is down on her luck; they are friends.) The supporting players were wonderful too, fully realized except for the newc

SING STREET @ NYTW  Feb 7 2020, 11:18:45 AM

I sat in the first row of the mezzanine for A Christmas Carol and really liked the view. I don't remember the leg room being terrible. But I'm boycotting the Lyceum because of the horrendously inadequate women's room situation.

Audience Rewards  Jan 30 2020, 02:11:37 PM

ModernMillie3 said: "https://www.audiencerewards.com/trivia/list/partnerid/13/page/1/catId/0

It's not surprising that The Music Man isn't participating. Ugh. I'm a little surprised that Flying Over Sunset is not participating, but thinking back, I don't think they participated with My FairLady or The King and I. I may be wrong though.

Bob & Carol &Ted &Alice (PREVIEWS)  Jan 27 2020, 10:47:58 AM

I saw the show last night with a friend, and both of us deemed it so-so. I fail to see why so much money, time and effort were spent in bringing this show to an Off Broadway stage. I'm thinking it was a corporate decision to monetize the property.

In the Playbill is an insert with the cast names, etc. I glanced at it and compared it to what was printed in the Playbill, and I didn't see any major differences except that Jill Mazursky has been added as a consultant.

O

Gun & Powder  Jan 20 2020, 12:10:48 PM

Maybe I’m extra crabby today, but would it be too much trouble for the press release to mention that this is the Signature Theater in Washington, D.C.? How about if BroadwayWorld would link to the correct theater in the article?

To save them the trouble, here’s the link:

Gun and Powder at Signature in Washington, D.C.

End of rant! 

CAMBODIAN ROCK BAND  Jan 16 2020, 07:26:11 PM

I have my tickets! Looking forward to this one. 

EMOJILAND Previews  Jan 13 2020, 07:18:45 AM

I saw this yesterday and liked it a lot! It’s fun and very well performed. The talent on that stage is awesome. I think the material is solid but not top level. I didn’t leave the show thinking that I’ve got to hear the songs again. Plus it is too long. About 15 minutes needs to be cut. I took advantage of the $20 deal and was happy I got to see the show. 

Emojiland Discount?  Jan 1 2020, 10:27:19 AM

Also, the offer is valid for only regular seats, not premium. So if you put seats that are “too good” in your cart, you won’t get the discount. My $20 seats are in Row G. 

Goodreads equivalent for theater?  Dec 30 2019, 07:40:12 PM

Create an account at Show-Score.com, and rate each show after you see it. Plus, you can see what your friends are seeing and liking (or not liking) by checking out their reviews. Show-Score also allows you to add shows to your wish list, and you can ask for alerts when tickets go on sale or prices are within a range you specify. You can check out people’s reaction to any show, which is handy especially for early previews. 

Grand Horizons Previews  Dec 30 2019, 07:32:02 PM

I was a big fan of Make Believe and found it original, unexpected, and moving. So I was glad to get the chance to see this. I enjoyed Grand Horizons, but it’s clearly not in the same league. I laughed at the jokes and enjoyed the performances. For me, it was a good way to spend an evening. I had a good discount, and I recommend looking around for those. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.