Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?

MannPhan24601
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#376
Posted: 1/27/19 at 10:35am
Hmm . Meghan Linsey posted on her Instagram story that she was "recording back up vocals for a huge project " yesterday besides reposting the screenshot of the US Weekly article on her SUTBM cover the other day. Hopefully she's finally playing the role as she apparently was to in early 2017
alex814
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#377
Posted: 1/29/19 at 2:06pm

Stephanie Torns will be Jenna from 2/4-2/24 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMuNd3HEAd/

ACL2006 Profile PhotoACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#378
Posted: 1/29/19 at 4:49pm

alex814 said: "Stephanie Torns will be Jenna from 2/4-2/24

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMuNd3HEAd/
"

Congrats again to Torns, but I really wish they'd offer her the role on a long-term basis. Or if the show closes this Spring/Summer, let her close it out.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
natashalost Profile Photonatashalost Profile Photo
natashalost
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#379
Posted: 1/29/19 at 4:58pm
I’m happy for Torns but can we *please* get a brand new Jenna soon?
WestEndGal
Understudy
Understudy
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#380
Posted: 1/29/19 at 5:23pm

Do any other musicals do this? Have their understudy come on for the lead for 2,3,4 week stints before the new lead starts? I feel bad for Stephanie in a way. She must have played Jenna for about 3 months (if not more) of the last 12 and yet still only in her understudy capacity. And what does a girl need to do to get her own face on a playbill already? lol

LizzieCurry Profile PhotoLizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#381
Posted: 1/29/19 at 5:25pm
I feel like this happens at Phantom intermittently, but not as often as Waitress.
"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
StageLoverNAustin
Swing
Swing
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#382
Posted: 1/29/19 at 8:04pm

JustinLovesSideShow said: "I really want Christine Dwyer at some point!!"

Just saw Christine Dwyer on the touring Waitress in Austin.  She was a revelation.  Oh my goodness.  She can sing and act.  I would see her in anything she is a part of.  Do touring principles ever transition to the Broadway run after the tour is over?

andrewftw
Understudy
Understudy
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#383
Posted: 1/29/19 at 9:05pm

StageLoverNAustin said: "JustinLovesSideShow said: "I really want Christine Dwyer at some point!!"

Just saw Christine Dwyer on the touring Waitress in Austin. She was a revelation. Oh my goodness. She can sing and act. I would see herin anything she is a part of. Do touring principles ever transition to the Broadway run after the tour is over?
"

Yes they do. Larry Marshall and Charity Angel Dawson were in the show > went to tour > came back to BW.

Lenne was original tour Dawn and went to broadway for the role.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile PhotoGiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#384
Posted: 1/29/19 at 9:15pm

WestEndGal said: "Do any other musicals do this? Have their understudy come on for the lead for 2,3,4 week stints before the new lead starts? I feel bad for Stephanie in a way. She must have played Jenna for about 3 months (if not more) of the last 12 and yet still only in her understudy capacity.And what does a girl need to do to get her own face on a playbill already? lol"

It’s weird that they have a completely separate playbill ready (of just the logo, and black and white last time I saw it with storms) for these too-often stunts but don’t just give her a face playbill. It’s like she gets to perform almost a full contract’s worth of shows, but only gets promotion via social media. They used Betsy Wolfe for the tour playbill, at least in the beginning. Give the girl something!

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
mailhandler777
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#385
Posted: 1/29/19 at 9:16pm
Jessie Shelton plays her last performance as Dawn on the tour Friday Feb 15th. Ephie Aardema makes her Dawn debut at the Sat matinee.

Yes I've called her Elphie a few times already.
Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)
NOWaWarning Profile PhotoNOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#386
Posted: 1/30/19 at 9:22am
They should bring Patti LaBelle in. They can sell her pies in the lobby!
VotePeron Profile PhotoVotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#387
Posted: 1/30/19 at 11:07am

WestEndGal said: "Do any other musicals do this? Have their understudy come on for the lead for 2,3,4 week stints before the new lead starts? I feel bad for Stephanie in a way. She must have played Jenna for about 3 months (if not more) of the last 12 and yet still only in her understudy capacity.And what does a girl need to do to get her own face on a playbill already? lol"

I understand where you're coming from, but at the end of the day, it is a business. This is hard to think about with how open the cast is online, but this is a job. Not everyone's job has everything they'd dream of. 

Also, let's not kid ourselves - I am confident Torns is getting paid handsomely, especially when she does her contractual stints as Jenna. Would you deny a leading role on Broadway just because your face isn't on the playbill? Work is work. She is not shackled to the Brooks, and could leave if she wanted, or accept another job if she landed one.

Not trying to be a d*ck, just trying to be devil's advocate. Stephanie is amazing at her job. Her face being on a Playbill has nothing to do with her talent or respect within the company.

singer234
Stand-by
Stand-by
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#388
Posted: 1/30/19 at 12:09pm
Yeah she has a sick gig. How many more people know her name now than did 3 years ago? Not that she’s famous by any means, but this has definitely proven that she can consistently carry a Broadway show. It will pay off in her future.
Mike Barrett  Profile PhotoMike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#389
Posted: 1/30/19 at 12:21pm

I realllyyyy hope Christine is still with the tour come the Providence stop! Ive never seen the show, and have heard amazing things about her. She was also my Elphaba when I saw Wicked so honestly it'd be great to see her again. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile PhotoGiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#390
Posted: 1/30/19 at 1:37pm

VotePeron said: "Stephanie isamazingat her job. Her face being on a Playbill has nothing to do with her talent or respect within the company."

I don’t think anyone in this thread said anything about her talent in comparison to visual promotion. She’s incredible, it goes without saying. It would just be nice if she got the recognition of a face playbill - especially since they HAVE an alternate cover for her stints, they just don’t feature her. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.
andrewftw
Understudy
Understudy
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#391
Posted: 2/3/19 at 10:36am

Found this picture on twitter. Don't know if this is true or anything. Just think this belongs here:Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?

andrewftw
Understudy
Understudy
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#392
Posted: 2/3/19 at 4:52pm

Do we by chance know the Jenna u/s since Stephanie is gonna be Jenna

ACL2006 Profile PhotoACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#393
Posted: 2/4/19 at 3:36pm
Molly Jobe also covers Jenna. Keri Rene Fuller has been brought in to play Torns' track a few times and cover Jenna. And the most recent time during the holidays, Emily Koch from the tour came in for two weeks to also cover Jenna. Don't know if they brought in someone this time as a second cover for Jenna.
A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Call_me_jorge Profile PhotoCall_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#394
Posted: 2/4/19 at 3:41pm
Emily Koch left the tour fairly recently. Wonder if it could be her again.
??Jack-o-lanterns are just pumpkins who majored in musical theatre??
natashalost
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#395
Posted: 2/4/19 at 4:32pm
Isn’t Torns confirmed to play Jenna for Joey’s full run?

My guess is Lucie is going to play Jenna in the West End after Katharine McPhee departs.
natashalost
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#396
Posted: 2/4/19 at 4:32pm
Isn’t Torns confirmed to play Jenna for Joey’s full run?

My guess is Lucie is going to play Jenna in the West End after Katharine McPhee departs.
Ryantheatrekid
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#397
Posted: 2/4/19 at 4:37pm

natashalost said: "Isn’t Torns confirmed to play Jenna for Joey’s full run?

"

Stephanie is playing Jenna till February 24th

xheybails
Swing
Swing
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#398
Posted: 2/4/19 at 4:54pm

emily koch did not cover stephanie actually, she was still on the tour until mid-january - after sara had started. molly was on in stephanie’s track while she was jenna in december. i’d love for them to bring emily in but i don’t believe that is happening.

Updated On: 2/4/19 at 04:54 PM
Call_me_jorge Profile PhotoCall_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#399
Posted: 2/4/19 at 4:58pm

natashalost said: "Isn’t Torns confirmed to play Jenna for Joey’s full run?

"

If that were the case why would they plaster lucies face up on Times Square?

??Jack-o-lanterns are just pumpkins who majored in musical theatre??
Jordan Catalano Profile PhotoJordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?#400
Posted: 2/4/19 at 5:40pm
This shows marketing is a MESS.